PDA

View Full Version : Petachiae/Leukemia?!

juju_1
11-04-17, 16:46
Last night I was in bed and saw a red dot on my leg. It's like a small pinprick under the skin with more around it. It's in a circle almost and pretty small not widespread at all. It's petichae (?) from how it doesn't blanch or anything. But everything says it's serious and could be leukemia...that jf you have it to see a doctor ASAP. But it's so small I feel like a doctor would think I'm crazy..but I can't think of any reason for it unless the jeans I wore over the weekend hit my leg or something. I don't have any other leukemia symptoms but is it really that serious? Wouldn't from leukemia it be more widespread?

PASchoolSyndrome
11-04-17, 16:51
It's not serious, and yes it would be more widespread and obvious. You would also be pretty sick.

siwz991
11-04-17, 16:57
It's funny but i get these on my foots and ankles since I have anxiety... So I started to look for problems and I found these:-) blood done two times a year and all good

tantopat
11-04-17, 21:36
Sometimes similar marks can appear for no reason. :) I've had red dots like that on both upper arms ever since I was a kid (so does my dad) and after having them checked out by a doctor and having a blood test I can safely say that they're just a thing my skin does. It might be the same for you - if you're worried and it doesn't clear up in a few days or gets worse, the doctor certainly won't judge you for getting checked for something you're concerned about, but I doubt it's anything to worry about. :)

Kb97
12-04-17, 01:28
Seems to be a common thing for people with anxiety these little terrors appearing. I've been getting one or two every month, I tell my boyfriend everytime it's back and everytime he tells me I'm fine. You'd have a widespread not just one or two if it was anything serious

ChildOfTheKing
12-04-17, 04:12
You sure it isn't a cherry angioma? I have a couple of those and they are tiny on me but they can be different sizes.

juju_1
12-04-17, 05:28
http://imgur.com/2ok54sj

It looks like this

axolotl
12-04-17, 08:40
Posters using words like "petechiae" is always a red flag to me that people have spent too much time Googling medical sites. I'm not looking at your photo, as I'm not a doctor, and Would have no idea what I'm looking at. We get spots and pimples of all kinds all over our bodies all the time. It's very doubtful you'd have a serious illness and just have a couple of spots.