PDA

View Full Version : Vision Loss when Shaking Head and other Symptoms

Apothael
11-04-17, 20:22
I have some slight vision loss in my left eye when I move my head suddenly/shake it. It looks like an afterimage burn, and disappears quickly but I cannot replicate it with my right eye. Is this normal? I can also make this happen by pressing around the eye.

I've come through the brunt of an obsession over having a Brain Tumour, that started with vision problems and then graduated to all manner of psychosomatic symptoms.

Now, out the other end of the worst of it, I'm scared I'm going to fall back into the anxiety spiral. There are several other things that aren't making my recovery from anxiety as smooth as it could be.

I get light headed spells several times a day which get worse with exertion - and sometimes feel like I'm going to vomit. Also an intermittent mild fever None of these things apart from vision problems, are present when I wake.

I am also coming out of a bacterial infection, and am still on antibiotics. Though that could explain some of the things I am feeling it doesn't really account for the vision loss. An optician looked at the back of my retina back at the beginning of March and said my Retina was perfectly healthy and whatever was happening back then was a result of stress and he said he didn't recommend seeing a neurologist.

I also have slight double vision that seems to have gotten a little better when looking at real world objects, but a lot worse when looking at letters at objects on a TV/Cinema Screen.

I hate running to the Doctors with every "new" thing but I'm also terrified that these things will get worse. I was also offered a CT Scan to put my mind at ease, and my GP said that there is not enough ground to investigate the symptoms I already have, though I haven't told them about this new vision loss when shaking my head. I'm too scared to agree to it though because I'm the type of person who would rather not know if they were going to die (soon.)

I'm so tired of all this and just want to feel normal again...

Anybody else going through something similar?

Thanks for reading.

---------- Post added at 20:22 ---------- Previous post was at 19:54 ----------

Just adding this. I can actually replicate the effect on my right eye when pressing around it, but not when shaking my head.