PDA

View Full Version : Am I okay?

Brad10
11-04-17, 21:41
Ever since my panic attack two and bit years ago I've had depersonalization 24/7 but it will go away if I'm worried about something but many doctors told me it's just anxiety, it's a scary feeling like I'm not the same person when I obviously i am, is this anxiety and will it go away?:(

ServerError
11-04-17, 21:51
It'll go away if you treat your anxiety. It's harmless in the meantime.

tantopat
11-04-17, 22:07
Depersonalisation is a very common side effect of anxiety, and it can mess with your head in some very unpleasant ways. I promise, you're still the same person as ever, just having a rough time of things thanks to your anxiety symptoms! Treatment should help address your feelings of depersonalisation along with everything else. :)

Brad10
11-04-17, 22:25
Depersonalisation is a very common side effect of anxiety, and it can mess with your head in some very unpleasant ways. I promise, you're still the same person as ever, just having a rough time of things thanks to your anxiety symptoms! Treatment should help address your feelings of depersonalisation along with everything else. :)

Thank you for the reassurance and yah it just freaks me out because it's been 2.5 years and sometimes it's better than others but now it's a different feeling almost and it just won't go away