PDA

View Full Version : I was doing so good then...neck twitch

Scotttt
11-04-17, 23:15
Hello all,

I was doing so good at ignoring my twitches and accepting them as benign and then I exoierenced a new one in my neck muscles. It's a big thumper and very unsettling.

Anyone else exoierenced this?

nivekc251
11-04-17, 23:27
I've twitched everywhere. Stop associating twitching with something sinister. Twitching without any other symptoms is harmless.

Au101
11-04-17, 23:54
Wow, what fun, I've been having exactly the same problem this evening :P

Course in my case it's almost certainly because I spent the afternoon lugging really heavy and awkward containers of goods around the charity shop I volunteer at, including lots of lifting over and into things. But having been referred for a CT scan in January obviously I couldn't help but think: neuro problems, neuro problems, neuro problems. And of course, anxiety is a big cause of muscle twitches and spasms, so once they start and you get worried, they're going nowhere fast because your anxiety will hope and help and wish them along :P

Scotttt
12-04-17, 01:33
Oh I know all about the twitch - anxiety - twitch more cycle.

Sometimes a new one will catch me off guard and I forget I've been twitching for years.

Mommyof2boys
12-04-17, 02:13
Yes i have them, a lot when I've been doing something with my neck. The first time I ever felt them really was after doing... SOMETHING with (or to) my fiance. Also when I would move my neck a certain way I will get a stabbing horrible pain in the same side that gets the twitches-- I am assuming they are cramps. It sucks but I wouldn't read much into it.

Thelegend27
12-04-17, 07:18
People's muscles and nerves twitch some more than others of someone says they dont ever twitch they must not pay any attention to it. For the past 3 days ive had a nerve jumping under my left eye ots annoying but i never thought much of it since its happened several times before.

People worry about twitches because they often think of ALS but that is a very rare condition and it's most likely not the cause. Now i am a hypochondriac and ill admit it. Its a very unpleasant mental problem so i cant really give advice on how to control that because I'm having a difficult time with it as well but mine is avoyt heart problems and cancer specifically my lymph nodes or stomach although my doctor said im fine i still worry. Just try to get your mind off it.

Josh1234
12-04-17, 13:55
Wait, you've been twitching for YEARS?

Scotttt
12-04-17, 18:21
Yeah, I first noticed a twitch in my eye and quad about 3 years ago, I brushed them off because they weren't as widespread and frequent as they are now. They've been really bad for about 7 months.

Today I have this feeling like a cell phone vibrating in my quad muscles. Super weird.

---------- Post added at 17:21 ---------- Previous post was at 13:44 ----------

Man, this vibrating sensation is driving me crazy! I don't think it's a twitch.

It's like someone buried a cellphone in the center of my leg.