PDA

View Full Version : TIA/mini stroke or panic attack??

panickingsince98
12-04-17, 02:45
So today I just suddenly felt very weird and out of place (kinda confused, but mostly blind panic). I was standing in line at the pharmacy and suddenly the lights seemed waay too bright and I just felt panicky and confused. I barely remember talking to the pharmacist as I was just saying 'uh-huh' and 'yeah' as I just panicked over whether or not something bad was gonna happen. I got to my car and was able to drive home no problem, but still felt very, very off. Like confused, woozy, and just overall feeling that feel of "doom" you get warned about.

Did the whole test with my facial features (both sides of my face could move around properly, nothing was slumped or non-reacting), I could raise both of my arms, walk around, speak without a slur, etc, but I know that TIAs don't always present themselves as normal strokes do. This lasted for at least an hour. I took a clonazepam (I have very bad anxiety, so I'm medicated for it), and the symptoms very, very slowly went away.

Does this sound like a TIA/mini stroke? I can't find much information online. I feel well enough now to be able to type obviously (I think/hope in a way that makes sense, lol). I just feel really exhausted now.:meh:

I'm seeing my cardiologist tomorrow who surprisingly specializes in hearts and TIAS/strokes, so I'll ask him about this tomorrow, but for peace of mind tonight, do you think this is more likely to be a panic attack than a TIA?

Gary A
12-04-17, 03:08
Sounds exactly like a panic attack and nothing at all like a TIA.

panickingsince98
12-04-17, 03:47
I'm just scared because the symptoms of a TIA can be so vague and panic attack-like.

Carnation
12-04-17, 08:49
I've had a TIA and what you describe does not match that at all, but it does match a panic attack.

WoodChucker
12-04-17, 11:04
I've had the same about a week ago. Was just a panic attack.