PDA

View Full Version : Yellow when i wipe? Is this normal? Im so scared.

jaka123
12-04-17, 07:13
Im a 15 year old male and I suffer from anxiety. Okay so I noticed if I go to the bathroom and let it sit at the bottom of the bowl for a while I can see a yellowish substance around my poo. As well as when i wipe the residue comes off yellow. This has been happening for months now.
It is worse if my poo is softer and its barely there if its more solid. Im having no other symptoms apart from lightly soft stool. I currently go once a day (maybe twice if ive been anxious)

Ive had blood tests and Stool Tests that all came back fine, the only thing that was found was blastocystis hominis. Its just really worrying me. I was convinced i had bowel cancer for a while there but now Im scared its something else. Its gotten to the point where i dread going to the toilet because its always scaring me. :weep::weep:

Oh and i should add, my diet isnt the best, it used to consist of ramen and soft drinks. for the past month or so ive been eating well i guess, lots of water and healthy food. My stool test came back negative for mucus as well so i dont know what the yellow stuff is anymore.

Clydesdale Epona
12-04-17, 12:31
Sounds like it could be IBS to me,
i wouldn't worry too much, you've had tests and you're young so anything terrible is highly unlikely x

All the best :hugs:

axolotl
12-04-17, 12:36
Ive had blood tests and Stool Tests that all came back fine

Congratulations on the all clear! :yahoo:

I'm getting deja vu, haven't I already posted about this elsewhere?...

MyNameIsTerry
12-04-17, 12:39
It's probably mucus. Loose stools tend to have more of it in and with it being pale coloured, it might be because it's mixing with the stool colour?

I know I get it and have been doing for decades.

Given your age, you could ask your parents about this and I'm sure they could put your mind at ease too. If you don't feel you can, you could always ask to see your GP. GP's will see children without their parents and not inform them of the visit, or treatment, if they believe you are able to make your own decision about treatment. With this, it's likely that it will be more a reassurance visit anyway. I try not to recommend them, but at 15 I'm concerned whether you are getting help for your anxiety?

Diet is important with stuff like this. Plenty of fluids, good levels of fibre, not too much sugar, etc. And toilet hygiene like not straining (which can leads to roids, but they are nothing to worry about and very easily treated). These are things your parents can help with.

robin321
12-04-17, 13:57
I GET yellow sometimes. Not in toilet but when I wipe.
For me I think it is undigested fat or bile.