PDA

View Full Version : 2 bb size lumps on the back of my neck in my hairline on the left side

CHELLEB1017
12-04-17, 15:38
Hey everyone! New here but not new to HA! Little backstory I had a baby 10 months ago and while pregnant my Grandma died of Melanoma and my Great Aunt diet of Breast Cancer all while a biopsy was done on a large cyst in my jaw that luckily turned out to be benign and was removed. So needless to say I now have health anxiety :weep:! It has been from breast cancer to blood clots and now to some sort of cancer affecting two bb sized lymphnodes in my neck. They are maybe the size of a bb each and located pretty close together. They don't hurt but they dont move. It is the area in the back of the neck not on the side right where my hairline is so there isnt much meat back there. Anyways they have been here for a few months now and I am playing with them constantly but they dont seem any bigger. I had a full CBC with a differential on 1/24/2017 and all was normal so that helps a little. Really nervous and cant talk to anyone about this cause everyone just says im nuts and laughs it off! Do these sound sinister? Thanks so much in advance everyone! I have read through some posts and I am so happy to know I am not alone :D

WoodChucker
12-04-17, 16:00
Could be a lot of things, of which 99,9% is benign. But since they don't get any bigger there is absolutely nothing to worry about :)

Fishmanpa
12-04-17, 16:05
Do these sound sinister?

I'm a Head and Neck cancer survivor. If I told you "Not in the least", would you believe me?

Positive thoughts

CHELLEB1017
12-04-17, 19:35
So sorry you had to deal with that FishMan! But so happy that you are a cancer slayer!!! Well since you have been there I would take advice from you for sure! Who better than someone that has fought and beat what I am most worried about?! The little nodes are about the size of the bb smaller than a pea and they arent attached but are close together and dont really move. They have been there for a few months now and the rational side of me says they would be growing by now but the other part says maybe they are little by little and I cant tell yet. Ugh I swear this anxiety is the worst! For the most part most days I am perfectly fine but I do have a few days a month where my worry just consumes most of my day! Ugh![COLOR="blue"]

---------- Post added at 18:35 ---------- Previous post was at 18:20 ----------

Anyone else with expertise on lymphnodes?

saf138
12-04-17, 19:55
The one problem I had when I was dealing with health anxiety was the prodding and poking all over my body looking for things that I would consider sinister which the experts would consider normal and eventually I would find things which I just wouldnt have if I was in the right frame of mind and I too have had my fair share of nymph node worries which were all normal and I too have small bb sized nodes on the back of my neck on the hairline but mine are on the right side 2 are small bb sized and the third is somewhat bigger and squishy. Try to not worry about them as you can see there are many threads similar to yours which most if not all turned out to be benign. All the best

Fishmanpa
12-04-17, 19:55
Thanks. I'm 4 years out clean from Stage IVa cancer :)

Just an FYI, reassurance, even paid reassurance (i.e. doctor visit) won't quell the fear and if it does, it won't be for long before it starts again or you find something else to worry about. Treating the root of the problem (your anxiety) is the key to overcoming your fears.

Positive thoughts

CHELLEB1017
12-04-17, 20:01
Thanks so much guys! Seriously hormones from pregnancy and a bunch of things happening during my pregnancy really hyped this HA up! I hate it! I can go months and sail through life just fine then something pops up and I am addicted to google and planning a funeral!!! I will and I promise you I will just feel them 1 time a day to make sure they are not growing in size and stay of google!!! Again Thank YOU!!!!!