PDA

View Full Version : Panic about sleep

joeyr11
13-04-17, 01:15
So this is the first time i've posted properly. Im laying in bed currently with my fitbit telling me my bpm is 100bpm, my mind is racing, i have to be up at 6am. And i dont know whether to take a 10mg propranolol tablet to help calm me down. Will it make me not be able to sleep more? Im scared and dont know what to do..

snowghost57
13-04-17, 03:17
I don't know anything about propranolol medication. What are you afraid of? What is your mind racing about? Have you tried deep breathing, slowly through your nose and out of your mouth? Purse your lips like your drinking through a straw. Relax each muscle starting at your toes and move up to your ankles etc. Think about sinking comfortably into your bed. Concentrate on your breathing. Imagine a relaxing scene, the beach or mountains, sitting on a rock listening to a creek. There a many relaxation techniques online. Use google for good and not anxiety!

Sean Yaxley
13-04-17, 19:42
Love the above reply, out of all the relaxation methods out there, deep breathing for relaxing the body AND the mind works for me every time. Pretty much the exact same method posted above is part of my going to bed routine, highly advise anyone else to read this post to try the same and see how it goes for you too.