PDA

View Full Version : Just to check in...

axolotl
13-04-17, 14:26
Hi all, just to check in and say I'm back after a bit of a health anxiety spiral. I asked for my account deleting during that time, and genuinely wanted to (I know these things look like attention-seeking) but admins persuaded me to just have a break and see how things go. I'm thankful for that.

I'm still somewhere in the spiral, with some new "symptoms" to worry about, but I'm determined not to spend time on here detailing them and looking for reassurance. I'm also determined to keep away from the doctor. My brain is screaming for me to post symptoms so people tell me I'm fine, but I'm not giving in!

I've got some time off work after Easter and I'm going to use that time to try an self-refer for some CBT, as I've been pretty much as bad as I've ever been over the last month or so. In the meantime I'll be trying to throw some logic to HAers on here, hoping I bounce some of it back to me and actually listen to my own advice for once. :)

Fishmanpa
13-04-17, 14:55
Great attitude Axo! With that kind of determination, I have no doubts you'll keep the dragon under control.

Positive thoughts

Kuatir
13-04-17, 14:56
Good luck, you're doing the right thing! It's draining, but you'll get out the otherside.

MyNameIsTerry
13-04-17, 15:04
I noticed you were still around, I was glad as long as it was a positive for you and not detrimental to your health. I'm sure people will be glad of your rational advice.

It's definitely good to hear you are keeping it at bay. It does scream but the more you work on your recovery it will end up a whimper you can more easily brush off.

Noivous
13-04-17, 15:12
The good thing about new "symptoms" is that the one's that are currently pestering you will often disappear!:)

axolotl
13-04-17, 16:39
Thanks all, I hope you've all been keeping on top of everything too while I've been away.

MyNameIsTerry
28-04-17, 12:33
I've just noticed your pic. Is that a pet lizard? He's very pink & cute.

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 ----------

If he hasn't got a name, I'm putting a vote in for Eddie...Eddie Lizard. :yesyes: Or if he's a bit more exotic, perhaps Eddie L'Zard. :biggrin:

axolotl
02-05-17, 16:26

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 ----------

If he hasn't got a name, I'm putting a vote in for Eddie...Eddie Lizard. :yesyes: Or if he's a bit more exotic, perhaps Eddie L'Zard. :biggrin:

Sorry just saw this, it's an Axolotl! They're not lizards, but weird aquatic salamanders that never develop into terrestrial animals (like most salamanders) and stay in a semi-larval state all their lives. I used to keep two as pets (though the one in the pic isn't mine).

MyNameIsTerry
07-05-17, 07:05
Very interesting, now I know what your username is and I was wondering why it rang a bell. So, I've obviously heard this on a programme somewhere!

They look very interesting pets. I love their ears (are they ears?). Did they take much looking after? Were they timid or friendly?

axolotl
07-05-17, 08:21
Very interesting, now I know what your username is and I was wondering why it rang a bell. So, I've obviously heard this on a programme somewhere!

They look very interesting pets. I love their ears (are they ears?). Did they take much looking after? Were they timid or friendly?

They're actually gills. As exotic pets go they're easy, but as with all aquarium animals you need to be on top of water quality which can be tricky. They weren't shy, but if I'm honest I don't think there's that much going on in an axolotl's head!

MyNameIsTerry
07-05-17, 08:55
:doh: Damn brain fog, of course they are gills now you've told me! Ears :doh: :roflmao: