PDA

View Full Version : Dupuytrens conture

melvin
13-04-17, 19:21
Hi Guys
As anyone been diagnosed with dupuytrens conture ie a pain in one of my fingers when just bend it is can't make a fist or grip much doc says I have this dupuytrens thing but surely I need a scan or a x-ray to see what's happening it's starting to get me down I know it's pathetic but it's like I can't deal with illness

countrygirl
13-04-17, 22:13
I know alot of people who have had this and a friends husband has been sucessfully operated on. It takes years to contract the tendon where you can no longer straighten the finger.
Were you told to try not to over use the finger in activities that require grip as in using tools?
Sounds like you are in the very very early stages and they do not normally give treatment until the finger stops returning to straight. My friends husband had injections in one finger which were successful but required surgery in the other one.
Nothing you can do if you have got this other than don't overuse the finger and if it does progress there is very successful treatment available

melvin
13-04-17, 22:32
Thank you for your reply appreciate it
I have been on Google bad mistake I thought I was going home end up a cripple all sorts running through my mind