PDA

View Full Version : The road to recovery: update

pablo0977
13-04-17, 21:25
Hello all, it has been a few days since I began to feel much less anxious about my health. I still get the occasional twitch or jerk, but they seem to be tapering off or at least not getting any worse. I'm currently wearing a holter monitor, just to make sure that the PVCs I have on occasion or benign but this is the last of the tests that were ordered from my original hospitalization. Overall, I can tell you that getting over your health anxiety doesn't mean you have no fears regarding your physical condition. I still wonder from time to time whether or not the twitches and jerks willgo away or perhaps get worse, but I don't obsess about it like I used to. I mean eventually we will all get seriously ill and die,but it is quite different to acknowledge this than to let it occupy every waking thought. I can say that acupuncture and meditation were crucial to my recovery. And I continue to seek help and to try and get to the root of my anxiety, generally speaking.

Scotttt
13-04-17, 22:21
Good to hear you're making progress.

I too am working on ignoring and accepting my twitches. It's hard to accept that they may never go away, but I'm working on it.