PDA

View Full Version : My heart felt like it stopped for a moment.

Mav
14-04-17, 00:34
This has happened twice today, I was sitting completely in rest (no anxiety what so ever) and it felt like my heart just stopped. I then instinctively slapped my chest and felt fine. I almost felt like I when a bit blind for a split second , it was like I blinked and then it was over though I don't think I blinked.

Now I am anxious. I wasn't when it happened. I have has left side upper back pains that come and go and a pressure feeling near my heart too. I'm scared my heart will just stop beating tonight when I sleep.

---------- Post added 14-04-17 at 00:34 ---------- Previous post was 13-04-17 at 23:03 ----------

Can nobody relate? :(

Catherine S
14-04-17, 01:11
We can all relate Mav...don't you read the threads on here? If your heart just stopped you wouldn't be alive now would you. Your heart could have just 'missed' a beat each time that's all, but if you read the many many threads about this, it's perfectly normal.

ISB x

akb
14-04-17, 10:30
Hey Mac

Very simple explanation. Adrenalin can act on the heart and affect the timing of the beat, nothing more. Hearts don't stop beating of their own accord unless you're really ancient.

akb