PDA

View Full Version : Waking up in the night panic attacks

Scooter86
14-04-17, 03:48
Hi there,
So I'll admit I've been under a little stress the last few weeks but I was wondering if anyone has ever had panic attacks when you wake up in the middle of the night?

I think that's what's been happening to me at least. I'll wake up and go to the washroom and when I lay back down I'll start feeling like a rushing blood to the head feeling and get a bit dizzy and my limbs will feel cold and tingly. Sometimes my heart feels like it's beating faster than it should for being in a resting state. Has anyone ever had symptoms like this??

Thanks!

Billyboy1019
14-04-17, 03:56
Do you feel over the top fear at the same time?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Scooter86
14-04-17, 04:28
Not particularly. I've had experience with panic attacks before so I don't get incredibly afraid anymore. Maybe it's more of an anxiety attack rather than panic?

Astravagrant
15-04-17, 21:11
Yeah, scooter, I've woken up in a state of panic several times. By that, I mean I'm sweating, trembly and have a sense that something is wrong, but as soon as I realise I was asleep just now, I put it down to a bad dream. It's clearly much more physiologically-speaking than a bad dream, but I don't dwell on it as much as if it happened during the day or in public.

ana
16-04-17, 09:32
I wake up in panic quite often. I feel strong depersonalisation and like the world has faded away. It scares me a lot, but I've learnt to calm myself down. I distract myself with my phone, get up, go for a drink, etc. It's about proving to yourself that you are under no threat and are safe, despite the panic.