PDA

View Full Version : Pea sized lum back of neck. Cancer?

ODA_555
14-04-17, 06:22
A few weeks ago while taking a shower, I noticed a small (pea) sized hard lump on the back left side of neck. I tried to feel on my right side to detect if something similar existed there but nothing. This has me freaking out because cancer. I have a routine preventative follow-up with my primary care for next week Thursday but I can't wait as my HA is murdering me. I was able to get an appointment with a different PCP tomorrow for an examination. I am so very scared right now. Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Leah88
14-04-17, 07:51
Yes, I had a lymph node on my occipital line that didn't shrink for about 6 months. It has come and gone every few years since I was a child.

CHELLEB1017
14-04-17, 14:12
I have 2 tiny bumps right now on the back of my neck left side in the hairline that I am trying my best not to freak about! Mine are hard too and maybe at most pea size. Are yours in your hairline?

ODA_555
14-04-17, 16:32
I have 2 tiny bumps right now on the back of my neck left side in the hairline that I am trying my best not to freak about! Mine are hard too and maybe at most pea size. Are yours in your hairline?
No, it's not on my hairline. It's just above my trap muscles.

CHELLEB1017
14-04-17, 16:38
Ugh damn lymphnodes seem to cause sooo many of us worries!!!! Maybe we have muscle knots!

Canada67080
14-04-17, 16:45
I went through a lymph node phase. I remember having to go into the bathroom at parties or restaurants just so I can prod myself. (Definitely not my finest hour :D)
I can feel lymph nodes all through my neck and always have. For some people they're just very noticeable.

CHELLEB1017
14-04-17, 17:58
Canada I was doing the same a few weeks back with a rash on my back! Taking pics etc! Every chance I could I was taking a pic or looking at it in different light! Got a steroid cream and just like the Doc said in 2 weeks it would be gone and low and behold he was right lol! This is one reason why I am talking myself off the ledge with these little lumps cause I always hype myself up and it turns out fine!

Canada67080
14-04-17, 18:54
I know! And it's so easy to obsess over nodes/skin issues too since it's really easy to keep "checking" them.

Mav
14-04-17, 20:17
Ugh I have had one in my cervical region for 4 months, the wonders of health anxiety :) Ultrasound on the 25th. Hopefully all is well. Seems above a cm so :/

---------- Post added at 20:17 ---------- Previous post was at 20:16 ----------

Ugh damn lymphnodes seem to cause sooo many of us worries!!!! Maybe we have muscle knots!

This is possible, I think mine might be muscle. :blush: I hope it is anyway

CHELLEB1017
14-04-17, 20:34
Ugh I have had one in my cervical region for 4 months, the wonders of health anxiety :) Ultrasound on the 25th. Hopefully all is well. Seems above a cm so :/

---------- Post added at 20:17 ---------- Previous post was at 20:16 ----------

This is possible, I think mine might be muscle. :blush: I hope it is anyway

I hope so too for all of us!!!!

ODA_555
14-04-17, 22:18
I just got back from the doctor and after examining me, he told me that it was most likely a small cyst. He said it was really small (3-4mm) and not cancer or anything to be worried about. He said we can monitor it for growth and then decide if I should take it out but he said there was nothing to worry about.

As an aside, I had an MRI for a lumbar injury I sustained while training in the gym. As part of the MRI, they took scans other than my back to include my heart, lungs, heart, kidneys and they didn't spot anything odd in my MRI which was nice. Are MRI's good ways of detecting cancers? If they didn't find anything incidental to worry about, is that a good thing?

Fishmanpa
15-04-17, 00:54
If they didn't find anything incidental to worry about, is that a good thing?

Seriously... What is the answer to that question? You answer it ;)

Positive thoughts