PDA

View Full Version : Flickering artificial lights in vision

Scared1988
14-04-17, 09:31
Hi I've made a previous post about this but didn't get many replies and I'm still freaking out over it. Basically when under certain lights my vision flickers really fast. Like someone is turning the dimmer switch on a light up and down. It's not something I can ignore it's really noticeable. It's really scary.

I have no idea what's causing it but I definitely don't think it's anxiety. It's been happening for a few months and I feel like it's getting worse. I don't notice it in dim lighting or in natural day light. I walk in to a well lit room and its just as if the lights are blinking fast. Think I'm going to go back to doctors but it's hard to explain it.

Does anybody have these symptoms ?

Thanks for reading. Please reply

Marie2016
15-04-17, 23:05
Hi,

I had something similar a couple of years ago. When I was in a well lit room my vision would dim for a second on and off, as if I was blinking but I wasn't. I went to the doctor and the opticians and neither could find a reason for it, I had my presciption for my glasses changed but then after a month or so I went back as it was too strong and was causing headaches so it obviously wasn't a prescription issue. Eventually it stopped and I haven't had any issues since.

I know it's very frightening but I'm sure it won't be anything of concern but if you're worried you might get more help from an optician rather than a gp. I hope it stops for you soon too! Xx