PDA

View Full Version : Misread Mri

Justincase
14-04-17, 10:27
Hi just wondering,if anybody thinks the head of my humerus doesn't look right,I've complained to Gp he says report on my back is perfect,my chiropractor says report doesn't correspond with scan.And gp won't look at scan as he can't read it.There's a black line right across the head of humerus,my imagination or could they have missed it while reading scan as it was initially a lumbar scan.Any idea?

Bigboyuk
14-04-17, 18:38
y
Hi just wondering,if anybody thinks the head of my humerus doesn't look right,I've complained to Gp he says report on my back is perfect,my chiropractor says report doesn't correspond with scan.And gp won't look at scan as he can't read it.There's a black line right across the head of humerus,my imagination or could they have missed it while reading scan as it was initially a lumbar scan.Any idea? Hi What does the radiologist says they normally read and interpret the scan? Then pass the results back to your Gp.. Don't think any of us would know detailed stuff like that! It may need to be taken again as a guess. :) Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
15-04-17, 05:11
Well if your GP feels he isn't qualified to check it, I know non of us on here are!

Can't your GP request someone to check it for him?

Bigboyuk
15-04-17, 12:24
Well if your GP feels he isn't qualified to check it, I know non of us on here are!

Can't your GP request someone to check it for him?Seems rather odd to me Terry The staff that take the scan check every detail, then send the results they have found to the patient's Gp I would ring the MRI Dept and request they send the results to your Gp Strange. Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
15-04-17, 13:54
Yeah Dave, I agree. The people who read scans are trained for years and usually know more. I worked with a guy who retrained as a radiologist and it took 4 years plus placements which is obviously for far more than knowing which body part to use and how to operate machinery.

Justincase
16-04-17, 14:47
Thanks for your words of wisdom.Firstly my Go didn't know how to read a scan,and secondly when I rang the company who do the scan they informed me that Radiologists read scan related to only what has been requested,so therefore only lower lumbar spine,they wouldn't comment on another region of the body such as my shoulder.I have had numerous fractures so when I can see a complete line across a large bone,I thought perhaps it was a fracture,but as Gp not willing to look,and company not willing to comment as that's another pay check.looks like I may have to pay again.