PDA

View Full Version : Going out of my mind worried about weight

rebeccad
15-04-17, 07:26
Hi everyone I've not posted in a while I've been doing quite well. Until I got a cold about 3 weeks ago I cannot shift, the thing I'm worried about is the weight loss, I am losing weight even though I'm eating normally infact I'm eating more because I'm worried about the loss. I am sitting here crying knowing that weight loss is a marker for cancer. I've lost nearly 4lb in a week. I don't know what to do the drs isn't open until Tuesday.

WoodChucker
15-04-17, 09:53
I would check your GP out to be sure, but there are a lot of reasons why you would lose weight. If you eat more or more regulary and lose weight it can be because your metabolism increases (that is why eating barely can actually increase your weight). Also it could be that because of the cold you had, your body retained water, which it is getting rid of now.

Lots of more realistic benign reasons :)

HopelessWorrier2011
15-04-17, 11:19
Hi I'm going through the same thing with my weight and and pushing food down me even though I'm not hungry. I'm really struggling to put on weight which is making my anxiety even worse which in turn I believe is speeding up my metabolism. It's the worse symptom of my anxiety. Keep eating little and often, I've also bought complain shakes to boost my calories which is full of nutrients x

rebeccad
15-04-17, 11:27
Have you been poorly ? I've had a stinking cold don't know if this is the reason :-( I've got a feeling this is something serious x

la.gymbunny
15-04-17, 16:08
have you been checked for over active thyroid? This can cause a lot of weight loss but tends to be less common that under active which many people suffer with.

HopelessWorrier2011
15-04-17, 23:46
I am going through a severe episode of health anxiety at the minute and diagnosed myself with all sorts my body is working over time.. do get checked out by the Dr as they can help put your mind at rest but highly recommend the complan x

rebeccad
16-04-17, 09:51
Thank you to all, I'm going through a real rough stage at moment I've never ever worried about my weight don't know why I've started to. Google says weight loss is bad if your not trying it's really stressed me out xx

ellie_C_mason1990
16-04-17, 10:55
Me too! I had a stomach bug last January and lost 3kg and can't put it on and seem to have lost more since I checked last week :( everyone thinks I have an eating disorder as I keep going to the scales. Remember to only weigh yourself at the same point everyday as your body weight fluctuates with what you eat and excrete!