PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice and support and hello

Kitty21
15-04-17, 19:48
Hi, I'm 37yo woman who has suffered with anxiety, panic, intrusive thoughts and some depression for many years. I had a settled period not on medication for about a year. During that time I have had immense stress and lost my father. I could feel myself sinking and went to the GP and we agreed I would try yoga and exercise. Stupidly I went out a few weeks ago and got very drunk which I hadn't in ages. I then started having panic attacks through the night, saw gp and she started me in 50mg sertraline. Which I had tolerated before. 9 days taking it and i became hypomanic, rapid speech, agitated, couldn't sit still and gp advised I persevere. I couldn't and pharmacist suggested I stopped as at day 12 I hadn't slept for 3 days. Gp referred me to psychiatrist and he and a cpn assessed me and thought I have understandable anxiety, intrusive thoughts from stress. Not bipolar. He prescribed 15mg mirtazipine, I started in Tuesday night. Wednesday and Thursday I was groggy and low and but slept well. Friday afternoon started feeling rushy and agitated. Took it last night struggled to get to sleep then woke up in night, had to take 1mg diazepam to calm down. Spoke to crisis team this morning and the on call pysch recommended stopping immediately if I felt it wasn't for me. I really don't know what to do. I've come away on holiday today and I just want to feel normal again. I feel the meds are making me feel crazy. Any ideas or suggestions to help me through. Thanks in advance.

venusbluejeans
15-04-17, 19:57
Hiya Kitty21 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Kitty21
15-04-17, 20:28
Hi emmz, thanks. Just don't know whether I should keep on perserving with the mitazipine????