PDA

View Full Version : collar bone? how to check?

becca98
16-04-17, 11:57
Hi I just posted something but realised I forgot to ask - :doh:

how would you actually check your collar bone for lymph nodes? would you be able to see a swollen one? I always want to check, but I'm very skinny, I feel all the veins, but no lump!
I worry I just can't feel it? how would you?

I seen a website to hunch your shoulders and feel in the muscle, I did that and no lump - then I ran my fingers across, is that okay?

sorry if this is silly, I only trust NMP I will not google anything else.

unsure_about_this
16-04-17, 12:08
If you want to know ask your GP

swajj
16-04-17, 13:32
Are you for real?

Do you not realise how ridiculous you sound?

axolotl
16-04-17, 14:17
You don't check. A relative of mine had lymphoma there and you could see it, with the naked eye, from a distance.

Fishmanpa
16-04-17, 15:31
I agree with not checking in the first place.

Picture this: Your anxiety is a dragon. He's hanging around telling you to feed him and one of the things he's saying is "I want you to start fearing cancer. I need to to start poking around your collar bone looking for lymph nodes". He's hungry and he keeps telling you to do so and starts breathing fire down your neck to get you to put out the fire..... "C'mon, I'm hungry. Poke around a bit for me. More... yes.. there... feel that bump? Yeah... keep going, it tastes so good! Google... yes.. google! You can do it. Do it for me!"

So here you are, doing what the dragon is asking. He's had a taste and wants more and won't stop until he gets what he wants. Are you going to feed him or are you going to starve him? ;)

Positive thoughts

becca98
16-04-17, 16:01
I agree with not checking in the first place.

Picture this: Your anxiety is a dragon. He's hanging around telling you to feed him and one of the things he's saying is "I want you to start fearing cancer. I need to to start poking around your collar bone looking for lymph nodes". He's hungry and he keeps telling you to do so and starts breathing fire down your neck to get you to put out the fire..... "C'mon, I'm hungry. Poke around a bit for me. More... yes.. there... feel that bump? Yeah... keep going, it tastes so good! Google... yes.. google! You can do it. Do it for me!"

So here you are, doing what the dragon is asking. He's had a taste and wants more and won't stop until he gets what he wants. Are you going to feed him or are you going to starve him? ;)

Positive thoughts

Lol agree with this, I worry if I don't check I'll missing something and because the collar bone is so slim, I know I'll be able to feel or see a lump, but doesnt stop me digging, feeling all my veins lol want this to stop now :weep:

axolotl
16-04-17, 16:10
You have about 700 lymph nodes in your body. They are not things you have to check. In the unlikely event you ever had anything to worry about it would be obvious, you wouldn't have to go digging around. And how exactly would you know what you are feeling was "normal" anyway?