PDA

View Full Version : Health Professional with HA!

nursewithha
16-04-17, 13:23
Hi, I'm new to the site. After looking at some of the posts I thought this site would be helpful for me to express my concerns. My family and friends have put up with my anxiety for decades, and the rolling eyes don't help.
I have IBS which is currently in the middle of a flare up, so of course I must have colon cancer, or maybe ovarian cancer!
Working in healthcare hasn't helped as I somatise all my worries...that's another story.
I loved my job, but my speciality was cancer and palliative care!
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
Anyway I'm looking forward to the responses I will get from like minds!
I'm pleased I found this forum.
Jan

venusbluejeans
16-04-17, 13:29
Hiya nursewithha and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

mlee10
19-04-17, 18:30
Hello,

I am also new to the site and much like you have myself convinced of crazy things. I have been in the middle of a huge anxiety flare up and have been searching for the right medication. On top of the anxiety (probably the reason for the anxiety), my daughter was just diagnosed with a seizure disorder and I was diagnosed with costrocondritis which of course I have myself convinced is a heart issue and I'm going to drop dead any time now.

Dealing with the anxiety this time has been almost completely debilitating. I hope that you find some relief!

Megan