PDA

View Full Version : Bad panic & anxiety (Girlfriend on Cruise)

st0rch
16-04-17, 23:40
Hello, I'd appreciate some help, I'm approaching a borderline panic attack right now.

My girlfriend of only 4 months is currently on a cruise with her roommate (who'm dislikes me and is a bad influence). This was planned well before we even knew each other.

She has no way of communicating with me, and won't be able to for at least 5 days. I have gone through every nightmare scenario in my head and one is sticking...

They are getting drunk, probably every night. I know that the carnival cruise will have tones of guys hitting on her, and I know that she likes to flirt. I am so insecure, I've CONVINCED myself that she is going to cheat on me, be it "accidentally" by being too drunk and blacking out, or on purpose because she changes her mind about me on the cruise.

Just before she left we exchanged goodbyes and she told me she loves me more than life, and would never do something to hurt me, or treat my like my ex (who'm actually left me at least 10 times, and I allowed her to keep coming back). But for some reason, I'm still not convinced. I trust her, but I keep thinking "I could have treated her better before she left" or "She's going to find someone that seems like more fun than me and she'll never have to tell me"

I've pictured her in the nightclub on the boat, in the bar, in another persons cabin... I HATE MY F@#$ing brain, I want to shut it off but I can't! Why am I like this :( She's given me ZERO reason not to trust her thus far, but on a cruise for 7 days with her single friend and no communication? I'ts driving me crazy. I really love this one. Am I overreacting or is this a likely scenario?

I have not texted her or freaked out, I don't want to be that controlling ******* boyfriend, I refuse to ruin this relationship. But on the same note, I haven't eaten or slept in two days. I've told her I have anxiety, but I haven't felt it this bad in years.

Please help me.

Emmaisworried
17-04-17, 01:00
Of course any of the scenarios are possible but she has given you no reason to believe any of them will happen. You cannot control how other people behave.

Try and retrain your thoughts - youbare getting yourself in a state thinking negative things which is feeding your anxiety. Instead why not think good things - "only 3 days until
I see her" "can't wait for her to come home" and think of things you can do while she is not here.

Fishmanpa
17-04-17, 02:35
This is not a good train of thought but you already know that. The real problem is "lack of trust" and intrusive thoughts that can and will come back to bite you if you're not careful. I hope things work out for you.

Positive thoughts