PDA

View Full Version : New here... crippling anxiety :(

EmmaBee
17-04-17, 13:27
Hello!

Taken the plunge and made an account.

I have crippling health anxiety, the past month has been full of explosive panic attacks, i literally think im dying.

Constantly tearfull.. i convince myself that any ache or pain is a life threatening condition.
Struggling to leave the house for fear of panic attacks or a mental breakdown in public.

Please tell me im not alone :(

Xoxoxox

HopelessWorrier2011
17-04-17, 13:30
You are so not alone. Read some of my posts. The other week I was hysterical about getting old any dying it really is the most intense fear. Have you seen your Dr? Do you have a good support network? I find that helps. Sending lots of love to you xx

EmmaBee
17-04-17, 13:39
Thankyou for replying ❤

I panic about near enough anything lately.. doctor has increased my usual citalopram from 20 to 40mg daily.. however im scared to take more lol. How stupid is that. Having been on citalopram for 8 years i ferl like im going backwards somehow.
Family support is ok but they dont understand and get quite fraustrated with me.
I love sleeping just to feel normal for a while.
Yesterday i had a fully blown attack because i thought my lips looked a little puffy despite 3 people telling me otherwise. In my head im having a allergic reaction and dying. (I even dialed 999 ffs)
When will this end ��
Xxxx

HopelessWorrier2011
17-04-17, 13:53
I'm on 20mg and feel I may need to increase my dose. I had a full blown melt down because of a very large freckle on my face near my eye. I was shaking uncontrollably and had to ring my step mam and dad to come and help me as I could not calm myself down it is horrific and feel for you going through it too. If u weren't so anxious you would never have dreamed of calling 999 so don't beat yourself up over it although don't make a habit of it lol. It's a deliberating illness that I am currently in the throes of. Have you had recent stress? As I believe my current episode has been brought on by that. Be kind to yourself. xx

EmmaBee
17-04-17, 13:59
I too harrass my parents at unsocial hours about a spot or a lump lol.
If anything were ever truely wrong with me i dont think anyone would batt an eyelid lol.

Yes, i owned and ran my own business up until feb of this year, i was always busy if not stressed and worked crazy hours. Had to give it up as it became a drain on the kids lives all those hours.
So i have gone from crazy busy to watching day time TV and sleeping all day.
I guess that right there is the cause. X

HopelessWorrier2011
17-04-17, 14:31
Sounds like you have found your culprit right there. Take time out for yourself and rest. Anxiety needs a lot of TLC to overcome. I just wish I could practice what I preach xxx

EmmaBee
17-04-17, 14:34
I hope things get better for you too :(

Lots of love xxx

HopelessWorrier2011
17-04-17, 15:56
Thank you xxx