PDA

View Full Version : Reassurance not working - utterly convinced

HopelessWorrier2011
17-04-17, 13:49
Hi,

I previously posted regarding a breast lump that nurse practitioner deemed unsinister. Reassured me for a very short while but can't stop feeling it and really do think it's a lump. It is in my mind all day everyday to the point I am now struggling to get out of bed and carry on with my days. It's so difficult to see a nurse / female dr at my surgery and I'm convinced it's going to spread. I don't feel as anxious about it now more flat in emotions like I'm giving up. I'm posting on here to get my thoughts out of my head as it is very earie in there at the moment x

countrygirl
17-04-17, 19:03
I am guessing you are young and the nurse could not feel anything?
For your reassurance can you see any Dr ( even male - they have seen it all before many times) and explain your fear. Depending on your age they may for your benefit refer you to a breast clinic for reassurance. If you are over age of 45 then they can refer your for a mammogram although these are not any use for young dense breasts.

HopelessWorrier2011
17-04-17, 19:21
Hi, thank you for your response I'm 35. The nurse practitioner just said I have a lumpier left breast and nothing to worry about. The male Dr's won't carry out breast examinations in my practice I would let anybody feel them at this rate! x