PDA

View Full Version : Just a cold

UserName20
17-04-17, 15:33
On Friday night is when I first felt a bit congested in my chest. My cough isn't bad at all, it's just more of a clearing my throat very slight cough. On Saturday my throat felt a bit sore. Yesterday I still had both and my voice is a bit hoarse. Today my throat still feels irritated and I still have the cough, I just feel like crap. I feel almost like I had the chills this morning but I took my temperature probably around 15 times and it always came up 98.6 or lower. I had a hard time believing it so I was even about to go buy a new thermometer but my dad told me I'm being ridiculous and felt my head and said I'm not warm at all. I really want to go to the dr because I'm scared there's something serious going on, however I'm under 18 so I would need a parent and my parents keep telling me it's just a cold and yelling at me. A couple months back I had a sore throat for over a week and was told it was viral and I was sent ok my way, yet the dr's opinion barely calmed my fears anyways at all and I kept asking my mom for a 2nd opinion. Honestly I know I'm being stupid but I can't help it!

Clydesdale Epona
17-04-17, 17:16
It definitely does sound like just a cold, there's one going around at the moment x

All the best :hugs:

UserName20
18-04-17, 01:30
Thank you! I think that's what it must be. I did have a bit of a freak out a couple of hours ago. When I cough sometimes I've been bringing up yellow mucus, gross I know. One of the times I forced myself to spit some stuff up in the back of my throat and I couldn't help but let out a cry when I saw blood in it. I felt like I couldn't breath, my heart was pounding so hard in my chest. I kept running back to the sink obsessively checking for blood but there hasn't been anymore that I've seen yet, although I feel like I'll be forcing myself to spit up for the entire night to check. Also in the back of my throat on my the roof of my mouth there's little red dots which I've had before with sore throats but my throat feels fine for the most part, Jusy irritated but def not as bad as my sore throats usually are. I can't get the C word out of my brain now, I hate this so much

Chris 614
18-04-17, 14:44
It definitely sounds like a cold. I usually don't get sick, but in the past three months have had two nasty colds. The doctor said it's been like that this year. My son has had it as well. The first cold I ran a low grade fever, the second one no fever. I also woke up one morning and there was a little blood in my saliva. I talked to the doctor and she said this was nothing to worry about. With colds and allergies our throats and sinuses become irritated and it is very common to see a little blood at times. Also, spitting up yellow gunk is common too. You don't have cancer, so get that out of your mind right now. The doctor also told me our bodies are really amazing because they know what to do to heal themselves when we are sick. Calm down. Let your body heal your cold. You are going to be fine.