PDA

View Full Version : Please help strong pulse in stomach

Ceri78
17-04-17, 16:38
Hi all! I've Googled....I know I shouldn't have but felt weak with worry, anyway I've had bad stomach pain for few weeks now daily I've been to gp who seems to think it's gastritis. What worry me is a very visible pulse in my stomach and also strong when felt..so I did the stupid thing and Googled which front page comes up with aortic aneurysm I have all the symptoms and now scared to death and shaking while typing this! I'm so scared right now I can't even concentrate on looking after my small children! Also is it supposed to be firm when pressing into your stomach as mine seems quite hard and the pulse is very strong there...I'm petrified after reading that now.... please can anyone calm me down xx

Lin71
17-04-17, 17:38
It's your aorta. Start to worry when you can't feel it :)

countrygirl
17-04-17, 18:56
Aortic aneurysms are mostly found in males over age of 50 and there is a very strong genetic influence as well. So if you are a man and your father had one then in middle age get an ultrasound. They are rare in women and almost unheard of in women not well into middle age.

I don't have AA, have been scanned for other reasons and perfectly normal but if I lay down and feel the left side of my middle I can feel a very very strong pulse - as has been said this is my aorta - this does not mean it is enlarged.

All Drs know what to feel for when they examine your abdomen so if your Dr has had a feel of your tummy and said nothing then thats totally reassuring.

Ceri78
17-04-17, 21:13
Thankyou for your replies I feel it both left and right of middle abdomen down to navel ..it feels firm and very strong pulsing sensation, does this sound normal? I'm sorry if I sound daft to anyone I'm just scared xx

Fishmanpa
17-04-17, 21:21
We are living, breathing beings with blood coursing through our veins and arteries and air making our chests rise and fall. The only time we're truly still and completely quiet is when we're deceased.

You're taking a normal human function and attributing an irrational, sinister fear to it.

Positive thoughts

Yoga*Lover
17-04-17, 22:51
I have this from time to time. It's not abnormal to be able to feel a pulse in that area due to location of aorta, especially if you're of a smaller frame. You can actually feel it if you palpate the abdomen. Drs/nurses will actually look/feel for it to assess size in a full abdo exam.
I'm a nurse so Ive seen lots of pulsing tummies 😂 but I know what it's like when you see something and instantly think of the worse case scenario. I've been doing that myself a lot recently
Xxx

Ceri78
18-04-17, 16:08
Thanks again for all your kind replies, it does say a pulsing abdomen will more than likely show if your skinny..... which I'm far from! My tummy wobbles with my pulse and combined with my daily abdominal pain and nausea has me sweating with worry I seem to tick all the symptoms! I wish I never bloody Googled now...so frightened :weep:xx

pixie101
18-04-17, 18:27
I've had this fear too for the last few weeks. Had abdominal pain and back pain and a strong abdominal pulse, tummy above belly button feels rock hard and i can feel lumps moving all around. Also groin pain when I push on the hard bit and left leg numbness :weep: Doc has assured me it's not Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm as it's so rare in younger women and probably gastro issues (IBS/Gastritis etc.) Still can't seem to shake the fear though so I feel you! Terrified i'm going to drop dead in my sleep at night. Just holding onto how rare it is, think it's under 1% for women.

Ceri78
19-04-17, 12:52
Hi pixie yes this is exactly how I feel... abdomen pain daily for weeks firm stomach and pulsating tummy! I'm going to see gp this afternoon as anxiety is high xx