PDA

View Full Version : heart palipitations

Granny Primark
29-04-07, 21:43
I dont know what the opposite to hyperchondriac is but whatever ever it its ive always been one.
Ive never been one for going to see the doc.
Ive taken beta blockers for over 20 years for high bpressure. Ive also had a tia (i was told thats i mini stroke of some kind)
Today I went to see my sister in law who said shed been having major palpitations and that the hospital is investigating further.
The tests shes having are far more thorough than ive ever had. Considering my family history (my aunts died of strokes age 25 and 42 and me mum of a heat attack age 60). Im wondering if its time now that I had more tests done.
Will one day i dismiss having something serious happening to me as a panic attack?
I put everything i feel down to panic.
Im scared of becoming an hyperchondriac and that fear is stopping me going to my docs.
It seems a vicous circle. Whenever my docs asked me how i am ive always said fine. Hed be shocked if i said otherwise.

Take care
LYNN xx

cattttt
30-04-07, 06:39
With a family history like that, it's worth getting checked out, especially if you've got high bp. Also, beta blockers are no longer prescribed for bp, unless there's some reason why you can't take other things as the newer meds are alot better, so I reckon it's time to see your doc and get a few things checked out.

Jaco45er
30-04-07, 07:35
Hiya Lynn :)

Yip I agree with catttt on this one, just imagine the joy when you find it is just Panic :) and nothing more sinister.

TC

Jaco

sarad
30-04-07, 18:57
After suffering palpitations for 4 months and ending up in accident and emergency I have now discovered that I may have long Q-T syndrome.Now I wish it was anxiety! I'm waiting for further tests but wondered if anyone else has had a similar outcome. I find all the information much more useful than the medical platitudes handed out.

Sarad

jitterbug
30-04-07, 23:15
No harm in getting checked out hun , better to be safe than sorry *hugs* if you are scared, what about brining a friend along for moral support? I would hr the docs would take u seriously what with that history in your family, *not meaning that offensively.. cant be too careful sometimes*

Take care hun *hugs*

ksmith
01-05-07, 09:25
Hi Lynn

I agree with the others, no harm in getting checked out. Would make you feel so much better than sat there worrying whether it could be something serious or not.

Kay x

domino
01-05-07, 13:30
Lyn, go and get it checked out just to put your mind at rest.:flowers: