PDA

View Full Version : How long withdrawl syptoms last?

rossvic
17-04-17, 20:10
HI:

I has been 1 month since, I stop taking Zoloft; I was on it for a 1 year and 3 months. I cannot complain that much about the withdrawals because so far what is affecting the most is not sleeping well. Knock on wood, also, I had been able to manage my anxiety very well :) This is the issue, I had no problem falling asleep but after 2 to 3 hours of nice sleep I wake up and I become a little bit restless and take at least 1/2 hours to fall asleep. Can anybody let me know how long the withdrawal last?

Thx

panic_down_under
17-04-17, 22:47
I had no problem falling asleep but after 2 to 3 hours of nice sleep I wake up and I become a little bit restless and take at least 1/2 hours to fall asleep. Can anybody let me know how long the withdrawal last?

This may not be withdrawal as such, but an anxiety artifact. If it continues small doses of immediate-release trazodone (Desyrel) may help. It is usually prescribed for SSRI induced insomnia, but should be just as effective for your issue. Unlike most other insomnia meds it has only a short half-life so the sedation usually doesn't continue into the next morning.

snowghost57
18-04-17, 01:44
Congrats on the anxiety success! We need to hear more stories such as these! As for the insomnia I would call you doctor and see what they recommend.

rossvic
19-04-17, 20:12
Thank you Panic down under and snow ghost for the advice and the positive note, I will see my Dr. soon for the annual check up and I will let her know what is going on and hopefully I can get some relieve :) Yes, it take time but with hope and persevere you will get there and find that awesome light at the end of the tunnel :yesyes: