PDA

View Full Version : Tiredness & brain fog - very worried

comm1291
17-04-17, 21:17
Hello. For the past two years, I've been dealing with periods (of like 2-3 months at a time) where I am extremely tired every day (even after 9 hours of sleep) and am often stuck with brain fog (feeling spacey and having difficulty processing things). These symptoms tend to last the whole day, but are worst when I am trying to work.
I've done all the main medical tests, and nothing has come up, except for the suggestion that I have anxiety - this is especially likely because these periods always appear during times of high stress (I am a medical student, and these symptoms tend to arrive in the months leading up to exams). However, I do not necessarily feel anxious, so I am wondering why these physical symptoms are here and what I can do about them. They're very debilitating and last year caused me to nearly fail my exams, so I am worried about whether they will keep arriving and impact my future.
Does anyone have any guidance, or has anyone experienced similar symptoms? I am scared about them and would love any answers!