PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

johnnicholls
29-04-07, 22:40
Hi my name is John and I'm new to this.
I started having panic attacks about 2 months ago. I thought I must have a problem with my heart or something and it was very scary. I was driving at the time and stopped the car to walk about and go to a shop to buy water! I also bought some asprin because I'd heard that it would thin my blood if I was having an attack!
Since then I have been to a&e twice, the first time I had an ecg and a chest x-ray. It was all clear. The last time I went to a&e the doctor listened to my explaination and immediately said I was having panic attacks. Now I've always been a laid back guy, but this doctor was telling me about my symptoms before I told him myself. The next day I saw my GP and he told me the same thing. I'm still having trouble getting my head around it, but when I was at a&e the doctor, DR DeCruz told me to look up my symptoms on the internet, which I did. I have chest pains, tingling in my hands and feet, a feeling of impending doom and even death. It's amazing how real it feels, and how desperate I feel. My wife is naturally concerned but cannot understand my feelings and I find it difficult to describe them. I have had an attack today when I was certain I was going to die. Absolutely sure of it. I got on the t'internet and found this site, which has really helped. It is so good to read about people having the same feelings, so thanks to you all. At the moment I feel relaxed, but feel unsure if I'm going to get the attacks back, so I'm going to get back to this site. Trying to not have to see a phsycotherapist and definately don't want drugs.
Thanks for reading my story, and I hope to educate myself more from this site. :D

John.

kelbob
29-04-07, 22:45
aww well :welcome: to the site..hope you get all the support/advice you need xxx

PM me anytime xx

you will make loads of great friends xxx :flowers:

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

honeybee3939
29-04-07, 22:49
Hi John

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here i hope we can be of some help.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

johnnicholls
29-04-07, 22:52
I forgot to say, I have a 6 month old baby, Isobel who was born by C-section. I hate hospitals since my dad had major heart surgery as few years ago. Thinking about it I have been stressful for years, and find it very hard to relax. I've just turned 32. :wacko:

groovygranny
29-04-07, 23:02
Hi there John, big:welcome:to you!

I detest hospitals also - after my hubby's heart surgeries and father's heart and kidney surgeries (bless him).

Try not to worry too much - there's lots of help and support here, for partners as well as sufferers. See the menu on the left.....under Problems/Issues.

Bet your little Isobel (love the name!) is a bit of a cutie?!!:)

johnnicholls
29-04-07, 23:15
Very cute, she keeps me going to be honest, but if I'm totally honest is also a big source of stress. Getting better now she's 6 months, today actually.

groovygranny
29-04-07, 23:20
Aaw! :D

My three are 29, 26 and 22 - and they're still a big source of stress!

I'm hoping they'll grow out of it ! :blush:

carl.h
29-04-07, 23:24
Welcome John. :yesyes:

Excuse me having a chuckle, 4 daughters 6,12,16 & 29, one born dead and revived the only one I was present at. :ohmy: One with meningitis septaceamia at 11 months, the wife recognised the symptoms and she is fine but it`s the 29 year old that is the most stressfull.....Wondering where I`ll get the money to bail her out next.:D

johnnicholls
29-04-07, 23:30
you are inspirational Carl, thanks for your posting.:yesyes:

Southern_Belle
30-04-07, 01:15
Hi John,

Welcome to the forum. You will find alot of support, information and make many friends here. Having a baby in the house changes your life as you already know and can be both wonderful and stressful. Give her a hug and a kiss from me.

Laura :)

manmoor
30-04-07, 08:52
Hi John,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Kathleen
30-04-07, 08:53
Hey John,

Nice to have you here. I too have always been a laid back type of person with lots of patience and easily managed to deal with any tough situation that would come up. When I had my first panic attack I was actually sitting at the computer trying to book hotels for our first big family holiday to Disneyland! What could be more fun than that! That was about 3 years ago and I am still shocked to realize what I have got but since finding this site a few nights ago, I found I fit so many symtoms. Things that I never would of thought related to this! It definately is a relief to find so many answers here but kind of scary at the same time. I think what is most important is controlling your mind. And never start to give in to the fear of doing something "just in case another one comes" I think we may suffer embarrasment if it happens in public, but if it is training our minds for the future I think it is worth it.
Welcome to the site!
Kathleen

trac67
30-04-07, 10:13
Hi John,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

nomorepanic
30-04-07, 19:37
Hi John

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

You will meet some fantastic people and get loads of support and advice.

Pink Princess
01-05-07, 19:53
hi and welcome to the site, hope you make good friends and settle in soon xxx