PDA

View Full Version : Hello all, I'm new here.

domril26
17-04-17, 21:42
Hello all, I'm Dom, 30, originally from the North East in the UK.

New around here, want to help people suffering from anxiety and health anxiety, as well as get a little bit of support myself! Nice to meet you all.

So since the tail end of last year, I've been feeling particularly unwell and compounded to this I received some bad news that my father was diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease and is predicted to have 5-10 years to live.

I'm not sure if my physical symptoms are anxiety, or anxiety induced by physical symptoms. I have a great situation, my job, family and friends are brilliant, yet I can't help myself thinking about my health, I can't look forward into the future and feel positive about it. I've been suffering from a long list of symptoms since the end of last year and want a bit of support or to chat to someone who has gone through a similar situation.

Previously have had:
– Numbness / coldness in my hands and feet
– Insomnia
– Neck aches
– Hot flushes in legs
– 1 month of GERD and bloating
– Sharp pains in the face
– Panic Attacks where I can't move for a few minutes
– Foot pain when walking
– Seem to have lost weight round my ribs

I now have:
– Blurry vision with floaters
– Shin pains when running
– Pressure feeling in legs
– Spasms in my calves
– Fatigue (not as bad as previous) don't feel fresh at any point during the day
– Depression
– Irritability
– Lower back pain
– Occasional chest pain
– Occasional pain just under my armpits

I've had the following tests
– Eyes are fine – floaters acknowledges
– Blood tests for various things, diabetes, thyroid etc all fine
– Urine test, fine as well
– Getting a chest X-Ray soon

Has anyone else been through this, I'd appreciate some support and an support anyone who's going through something similar?

venusbluejeans
17-04-17, 21:47
Hiya domril26 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

domril26
17-04-17, 23:44
Thanks! Will definitely check them out. Nice to meet you.

Speranza
17-04-17, 23:46
Hi Dom,

my father had this too and I had all his symptoms on and off for quite a while... I think it is a way of the body externalising the shock of the diagnosis. Anyway, over 20 years on I am fine.

So sorry to hear about your dad but MND is not the dreadful end people tell you. My dad died very peacefully and beautifully and we all had time to tell him just how much we loved him. God bless you. xx

snowghost57
18-04-17, 01:42
Welcome, that is quite a list you have there and quite a few tests. What are you doing about the depression? This is the first place I would start. I don't know much about HA, however anxiety is anxiety. Check out Bill's posts on the GAD thread.

domril26
18-04-17, 03:28
Hi Speranza,

Thanks for reaching out, yes, it was very hard news to take as my Dad has remained phyiscally fit and active into his 60s and rarely been ill. How did you manage to cope with the physical symptoms? It must have been quite shocking. I'm glad you're ok after it.

Thanks

Dom

---------- Post added at 02:28 ---------- Previous post was at 00:55 ----------

Hey Snowghost,

Yeah I'm approaching the depression by talking with my partner and also occasionally with a therapist. I'm remaining as active as I can be to also deal with the anxiety.

Thanks

Dom

Speranza
18-04-17, 22:07
Well I didn't get them all at once and I recognised they were psychosomatic. Good you have had tests - I hope you are able to tell yourself how many things AREN'T wrong with you... this is going to be a difficult time. Maybe focus on your Dad? Not sure - so much depends on relationships etc. Thinking of you. x