PDA

View Full Version : Another Lymphnode issue

Wim
18-04-17, 02:27
I am a long term anxiety sufferer and had have many symptoms.
I am worried about one specific thing right now.
I know there are lymph nodes above the collarbone in the hollow area towards the neck.
I have pain on my left collarbone and pretty constant and persistent.
It feel a long soft lump on the bone. it is easily movable.
are there lymph nodes on the bone in that area or is that something else?
Anybody?
I don't want to google it.

---------- Post added at 21:27 ---------- Previous post was at 20:22 ----------

Fishmanpa can you help me?

Fishmanpa
18-04-17, 02:41
I'm afraid reassurance isn't the answer here Wim... sorry :(

Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts

Thelegend27
18-04-17, 06:17
You're referring to the supraclavicular lymph nodes, from what I read these nodes can on be palpable at the size of 2.25 cm or greater. From my understanding these lymph nodes sit in the hollow between the neck and the collarbone and they are located right next to where the collarbone meets the sternum on the left and right side. I too have palpable nodes near the collarbone but mine are on the side of my neck and not touching the collarbone. I'm not sure if there is lymph nodes that actually sit on top of the collarbone, that sound more like fat or a muscle or maybe tissue? Either way my doctor told me that mine aren't the suoraclavicular lymph nodes, and she said even if they were that doesn't mean anything serious but they would investigate those nodes anyway due to the higher risk of lymphoma and malignancy. I completely understand your worries as I spend most of my days thinking about the same thing even though my doctor said I'm fine my anxiety still has it's way with me. I'm getting better at not worrying so much but I still have bad days, the best advice to give you is to see your doctor get a ultrasound and complete blood count this will show the doctor if anything appears abnormal and suspicious which it rarely is. Stop poking at it and let your doctor see what's best for you, I should follow this same advice and maybe I would have forgotten about these annoying things by now it's been 7 months since I noticed them. Good luck

Wim
18-04-17, 16:25
Will see my doctor today. Hopefully it are no lymph nodes. This anxiety thing is destroying me.