PDA

View Full Version : Exciting times!

KatiePink
18-04-17, 10:19
Hi all,

I needed to do a post because I'm so happy I could burst! Me and my partner have decided to try for a baby!!!! :D :D :D

I'm so excited and so nervous at the same time. I've always knew I wanted to be a mum and over the last few years dealing with anxiety/depression I thought there was a chance I'd never be in a place where I feel like taking that step.
I'm 26 so still young by anyone's standards but I always worried I would 'Leave it too late'

Now I'm just over the moon to be able to say that I could potentially be pregnant in a few months time!! So guys, think fertile :roflmao:

:cloud9:

MyNameIsTerry
18-04-17, 12:46
I always struggle with what to say when someone says this...Erm, good luck with getting it on :blush::biggrin:

The result is usually me standing in the middle of a bunch of women in an office feeling embarrassed and a little pervy! :biggrin:

I wish you all the best with what comes after that point :biggrin: I think you will be a great mum. Your a kind, good hearted person and to me that makes the foundation for a doting parent that a child deserves.

KatiePink
18-04-17, 13:01
I always struggle with what to say when someone says this...Erm, good luck with getting it on :blush::biggrin:

The result is usually me standing in the middle of a bunch of women in an office feeling embarrassed and a little pervy! :biggrin:

I wish you all the best with what comes after that point :biggrin: I think you will be a great mum. Your a kind, good hearted person and to me that makes the foundation for a doting parent that a child deserves.

Awww thanks Terry that's a very nice thing to say! And yes it can be awkward that's why I haven't told anyone in 'real life' :roflmao:

I knew I had to post here first at least I have somewhere to post all the gory details even if nobody is reading haha! It'll keep me sane. :yesyes: :yesyes:

MyNameIsTerry
18-04-17, 14:14
Gory details? I'm not sure I want to know. :winks:

Being in a good place mentally will greatly help. All those hormonal changes and the post birth phase can be very challenging but I bet there are plenty of mums on here who can offer support.

Being a parent must be like the longest CBT course in existence, combating worry about them no matter what age they are!

KatiePink
19-04-17, 09:35
Gory details? I'm not sure I want to know. :winks:

:roflmao:

You should be avoiding any threads started by me in the next few months then! :winks:

Being a parent must be like the longest CBT course in existence, combating worry about them no matter what age they are!

Definitely, it's such a life changing thing and I really do get nervous about it but a good kind of nervous, excited nerves!