PDA

View Full Version : New here and need some advice on my anxiety please

cmo1234
18-04-17, 10:24
I have been suffering for quite a while with various mild forms of anxiety but it is getting worse and is really starting to affect my life and my families life too.

Basically I am a massive worrier but the biggest issues are how that changes and affects my moods.

When I go out socially anywhere I am convinced I am going to end up in a fight, or other horrible situation, even family meals I worry about who is on the next tables, cinema who is around me etc etc etc. I force myself to go out still but worry all the way there, all the time I am there and finally relax when I am on the way home. This of course is spoiling every thing that I do.

One of the worst symptoms is noise, I live in a terraced house with great neighbours on either side who really are not noisy at all. However I find myself constantly listening out for any sign of a noise or bang and when I hear something I get major stress and feel down, crazy. When I am at home I put on music which does stop me listening but its masking the issue.

Just last week I was away for a few nights with my wife and I couldn't sleep at all in the hotel room as I was constantly listening for noise. I wasn't disappointed of course as you can hear anything when you are listening for it. I am looking at gtting ear plugs for sleep nut maybe I should look at why I am ding it rather than masking the symptoms.

I need to know where to go for help or what self help books to read for my issues, can anyone help please?

Thank You

Chris

venusbluejeans
18-04-17, 10:29
Hiya cmo1234 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: