PDA

View Full Version : Hair dye fear

tillyyy
18-04-17, 12:08
I recently decided to dye my hair, and so I did the patch test following tho instructions and left it for 48 hours with no reaction. Last night at about 9pm I dyed my hair & rinsed it out a little after the recommended time (only 5-10 minutes late). I've never had a reaction to dye before but I'm not convinced I'll go into anaphylactic shock. It's been around 15 hours since I rinsed it out - would I have had a reaction by now? [emoji27]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

axolotl
18-04-17, 12:37
I'm struggling to understand why you're worried? You've not had a reaction, and I don't know why leaving it on slightly late would make any difference? It's not like 60 mins would be fine, but 65 mins would suddenly be dangerous...

Fishmanpa
18-04-17, 12:45
I'm struggling to understand why you're worried? You've not had a reaction, and I don't know why leaving it on slightly late would make any difference? It's not like 60 mins would be fine, but 65 mins would suddenly be dangerous...

And the patch test was 48 hours!

Positive thoughts

tillyyy
18-04-17, 13:05
And the patch test was 48 hours!

Positive thoughts
It's a really irrational fear. I know it didn't cause any irritation but I've seen in the news of people that do te patch test by still react to the the on their scalp. I guess of I'm okay after 15 hours I won't have a reaction

axolotl
18-04-17, 13:11
It's a really irrational fear. I know it didn't cause any irritation but I've seen in the news of people that do te patch test by still react to the the on their scalp. I guess of I'm okay after 15 hours I won't have a reaction

It's really not worth having a "fear" that there's a very unlikely chance you'll get an itchy rash on your scalp.

MyNameIsTerry
18-04-17, 13:51
I've seen plenty of hair dye worry threads from female members. It's perhaps more common than is realised?

Since anxiety is based on irrationality, whether you fear hair dye or cancer - it's the same.

I think a reaction would have occurred if there was too be a reaction. You've had no problems before, so that's in your favour. Patch testing was fine. Allergic reactions are usually pretty quick otherwise the patch test would be a useless thing to recommend.