PDA

View Full Version : Blood clot/DVT...?

Bethany 95
18-04-17, 12:12
My lower right leg has hurt all day in my calf, on the side, and going down into my ankle. Of course my mind immediately goes to blood clot, but the only reason I'm doubting that is because it mostly only hurts when I stand, walk, or put pressure on my leg. If my leg is completely relaxed I can't feel it quite as much, but I can still feel it. I've also been getting done mild pain in my upper leg where my leg connects with my hip. My leg seems to feel best when elevated. Could this just be a pulled muscle or muscle strain? Can you pull or strain a muscle without really doing anything strenuous?

tillyyy
18-04-17, 12:13
If it's only when you are standing and walking I would put it down to something muscular. I'm no expert but I beleive if it was serious it would be severe pain all the time.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Thelegend27
19-04-17, 03:46
Blood clots can cause more pain upon walking, I'm not saying this to scare you. But a couple of years ago I had some swelling come up in my laft calf really red and warm to the touch when I pressed in on my calf it would stay dented for a sec. I had a d dimer test and ultrasounds which showed no blood clot luckily, the doctor said it must be some sort of infection with inflammation. I had a bruise of the inner thigh and a red line from the bruise to the calf where the swelling was. It was really scary it's still scary to look back on it. But any time anyone has pain or swelling the leg that doesn't go away after a short period should get checked out.