PDA

View Full Version : Lump back of head - really worried

Smsal
18-04-17, 12:41
Hi all,

I have found a big-ish lump on the back of my head, about 3 cm from the base of my hair line on my neck. I noticed it when I put my head back to put my hair up. It feels a little sore, but not hugely and only when it presses back on my neck. It's hard to tell if it's hard or soft as it's on my head and there isn't much tissue there!! Feel so so worried it is a sarcoma that I've never noticed before and now it's gotten bigger hence the slight pain!

I've also got two small lumps which I thjnk are lymph nodes on my neck - but I'm constantly prodding around there so I don't know if they're related or I've
Caused them....!!

Any opinions would be so great. Thanks!

Lakme
19-04-17, 20:27
Hi all,

I have found a big-ish lump on the back of my head, about 3 cm from the base of my hair line on my neck. I noticed it when I put my head back to put my hair up. It feels a little sore, but not hugely and only when it presses back on my neck. It's hard to tell if it's hard or soft as it's on my head and there isn't much tissue there!! Feel so so worried it is a sarcoma that I've never noticed before and now it's gotten bigger hence the slight pain!

I've also got two small lumps which I thjnk are lymph nodes on my neck - but I'm constantly prodding around there so I don't know if they're related or I've
Caused them....!!

Any opinions would be so great. Thanks!

That's probably your occipital bone friend. I was freaking out about the same thing a couple months ago but it's just the shape of your head. If your skull was perfectly flat, then you would have a problem. And don't pick at them it might give you a headache.

Smsal
19-04-17, 22:15
Thank you, that's helpful to hear! I have a GP appt on Friday and hopefully that will put my mind at ease.

Thanks again!