PDA

View Full Version : Feeling on edge after GP visit re Lymph nodes/temperature.

Yoga*Lover
18-04-17, 19:01
Hi :)

I went to see my GP today as I've become a little obsessed with my temperature over the Easter weekend. I don't know what possessed me to take it last Thursday night but I did and it was 37.4, which is high end of normal. I have since been taking it so many times during the day and it's been mostly between 36.9-37.5. I have had once incidence on each day where it went to 37.7/8 and then immediately back down to 37.3/4. My thermometer gives me a different reading every time I take it, even if its seconds apart so I'm not sure which reading is accurate. It seems to work fine on my mum though :(.
Anyway, my GP checked my temperature this morning and it was 36.2, but when I checked it at home a few minutes earlier it was 37.3 and again 37.1 when I got home. It hasn't been below 37.2 since.
I'm also freaking out because I found this small, moveable lump on my lower ribs. I mentioned this to GP this morning and he thinks its cartilage. I'm now panicking that perhaps he wasn't feeling what I was feeling. I think it feels like a lymph node.
I've had swollen lymph nodes in my neck for >7 years (one since childhood) and I think it feels similar to those.

I'm absolutely terrified that this is cancer, particularly lymphoma. I feel physically sick and keep having episodes of shaking, even when I'm not that anxious.
My GP said that he has been practicing for 33 years and in that time has only seen about 10 cases of Hodgkin's Disease and cannot recall one case of Non Hodgkin's in someone my age (26).

I don't know whether to go back to my GP on Thursday but i've been so much lately, I just feel like they pass everything off as anxiety.

Sorry for the rant. My brain is all over the place. I just wish all this would stop.
xx

axolotl
18-04-17, 19:04
When typing that did you realise how much you were typing lots of numbers that were only slightly different to one another?

Wow, what's with all the node talk on here at the moment? If a doctor had a feel and wasn't concerned you shouldn't be. They do teach them something at medical school you know ;)

Fishmanpa
18-04-17, 19:11
Wow, what's with all the node talk on here at the moment?

If I'm not mistaken, it's National Node Month on the Health Anxiety Sufferers Calendar ;)

Positive thoughts