PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody else suffer HA like this

Meewah
18-04-17, 19:22
Hello

Its been a long time since I have posted on NMP. I need help as all of us do. My anxiety has developed in to something new.

I say I have health anxiety, I have become so fearful of finding something wrong with my family or myself that I cannot look. I was told this is fear of fear? My fear of finding something wrong is so bad now that I avoid looking touching etc.. I am really worried as this new coping mechanism seems to be taking over my life. I have three children and I just cannot relax with them. Going on holiday is incredibly stressful, My life is an existence.

Does anybody relate to this and can they offer any comfort or coping skills?

Mee

unsure_about_this
18-04-17, 20:32
yes I am fully worried about my own health as well as my parents health.

Emmaisworried
18-04-17, 21:43
Yes I can also relate to this, though have recently started to check more and more - but yes I am so afraid of being afraid.

Meewah
23-04-17, 23:44
I am so terrified of finding something wrong we me or my family that I live in this world of avoidance and cannot enjoy my family growing up or my life. I would love to be able to confidently check myself without going in to a complete panic.

I call it my monster in the cupboard as you can hear noises but you are too fearful to check in the cupboard to reassure yourself that nothing is there.

Has anyone found any ways to cope?

Mee

florida94
24-04-17, 03:29
there is nothing wrong with being scared or having some kind of fear in your life. the problem is that you can't let it overtake your life. To help with coping, I recommend doing what I do when stress and worry take over my life.

I know you're scared about what could be wrong with your health, but I recommend doing what you can to stay active and healthy. Instead of worrying something to be wrong, just try to step back and do what you can to keep everyone strong.

Speak to a professional to find out where your current health stands. You will only live in more anxiety if you never get your family checked up on anything.

ElectricAlice
24-04-17, 08:57
I can definitely relate to this. It's really awful and hard!!

Something that really helps me is to keep a mantra in my mind of 'worrying can't change anything' and to turn the constant worry into a feeling of being grateful. Be grateful for your health and your families health and cherish each day you all have together. Make the most of that and you'll hopefully see the worry turn into something more positive. I guess it's like mindfulness. Take care!

Kathryn313
24-04-17, 09:07
Current coping mechanisms:

On a good week/month..

YouTube meditations
Regular walking
CBT reflections (having had 12 sessions)
Distraction techniques
6 weekly massage
Drink more water
Fish oil supplements

One a bad week/month

Wallow in a bath
Post on NMP
Eat chocolate
Binge watch Netflix.

:)