PDA

View Full Version : sorry- yet another qu

nbs1
30-04-07, 10:47
hi again everyone- over the last week i've had a bit of a down turn with regards to my symptoms, which has reminded me of a question i meant to ask when i first joined. Rather than short, say 1 hr attacks where i think i'm having a heart attack there and then, my symptoms are usually more continual ie. chest pain, back tightness, etc etc from when i wake up until i fall asleep at night. can this still be anxiety/panic attacks or does the continual nature mean it could be something physical?! I stress that i have had numerous tests for everything!

manmoor
30-04-07, 10:54
Hello Nbs1,

I remember posting months back about continuous symptoms too :) I have back pains 24/7 and have done for a long time now so I tell myself if it was anything serious I'd be kicking up the daisies by now lol. Try not to dwell on your symptoms thats what I do and they tend to ease when my minds occupied. Have a hug till this wee blip passes for you. :hugs: xx

Scarlett77
30-04-07, 11:04
Hi nbs1,

I often get this sort of thing - i'm pretty certain it's caused by anxiety rather than any physical problem. I second what manmoor has already said - forcing yourself to try and keep busy and distracting yourself does really help. Hope you feel better soon, take care,

Scarlett

ksmith
30-04-07, 11:18
When I had this I went for an Indian Head Massage (upper back, shoulders, neck and head massage). I cannot tell you the relief I felt afterwards. I truly did not know that anxiety could cause such pain. It was difficult for me to do this as I have 'personal space' issues but it was well worth it.

Kay x

bottleblond
30-04-07, 11:55
Hi there,

I went through a really bad time with this a couple of years ago, i'd even wake during the night with the most awful pain, it was in my chest, back and over my shoulders and i was always convinced that this was my heart and the doctors must have got it wrong, but it did go although i do get it now and again, just not as often. I always keep a packet of Zantac in my medicine box because it can ease it off!

give it a try
Lisa
xxx

carl.h
30-04-07, 18:24
The first thing we do when anxious, tense or nervous is try to steady ourselves by becoming more rigid ready for a fight...or flight. Continually doing so during a day means we get one hell of workout, add to that a few drops of adrenaline and our muscles and bones are under intense pressure.

Sitting where you are now, exhale deeply and you`ll feel how tense you were. If you can notice that tension you`re halfway to helping it ease. By exhaling longer than inhaling it should automatically make you relax more and try to breathe from your stomach upwards not just the chest.