PDA

View Full Version : I was doing so well now colon cancer fear please talk me down

Weasley123
19-04-17, 15:31
I was doing really well with my anxiety. Now its bsck. Ive been on vacation back at work today so i was drinking more then usual and eatibg not to well. Whats freaked me out is over the last week ive had looser thin, like pencil thin poops, and gone times a day small amounts. I always go a few times a day. Ive had at,least one normal movement as well mixed in but most are thin or flat. Ive always had a very nervous stomach. Something scsres me and i immediately need the toilet. The fear is likely making it worse. Ive read conflicting things online. Some say this is a symptom of colon cancer and some say its not. I have no blood. Im terrified of drs and realy don't want to go. I suppose if it persists for a month or so i will have too. But does this hsppen to others is it an anxiety symptom? Im 39 and a women. My only other symptom is stomach rumbling which ive has before

---------- Post added at 14:31 ---------- Previous post was at 14:30 ----------

I should add my first ha freakout was over my stomach i was 36 at the time

Annaines
19-04-17, 16:49
Do you feel any pain?

I think this is a classic IBS. Like you said, you have the urge to go to the bathroom when you're stressed. That's a normal fight or flight reaction because your body needs to redistribute energy and slow down the digestion. That's why you experience frequent toilet visits. If there's no blood there's no need to worry. Try eating more fibre to bulk up the stool for easier passing. Fibre does a great colon clean up and the consistency of your stools should change soon.

Weasley123
19-04-17, 16:58
No pain. Just some gurgking and while they are all small some are flat snd wide and some are pencil like its not consistent. When i first went t9 gastro witj similar symptoms 3 years ago he said it was unlikely i realky hsd ibs because i was 36 at the time and it starts younger but 8 think i do have it. I think mine is anxiety triggered

Annaines
19-04-17, 17:05
Then I think you should just work on your anxiety. All is well! You can try probiotics for a while and see if they help you. I used to have the same problem, but it subsided after a while after taking taking them and eating well. Take care!

Weasley123
19-04-17, 17:10
I do take probiotics snd hsve for thr past few mon5hs. I definitely ate more junk over my vacation so that might be it.