PDA

View Full Version : Just started having CBT and struggling?

Hopsicle
30-04-07, 12:25
I have been diagnosed with OCD for around seven years now and just started having CBT therapy to try and conquer it :shrug:

My main issues lie around fears over contamination from people, objects and written words but I also suffer from severe levels of anxiety and depression that bounce off from this :wacko:

Has anyone else had good/bad/difficult experiences with CBT that they would like to share :hugs:

Im struggling with the homework tasks and finding people who can really understand the impact that fighting this thing has on you - OCD becomes sooo habitual and soo much a part of your life that Im feeling a little lost at the idea of fighting it :wacko:

bearcrazy
30-04-07, 16:56
Hi Hopsicle,

I know just how you feel. I felt that CBT was trying to change the way I am not the way I think. I have had to have a break from it at the moment but hope to go back to it in a few months.

i did fine some of the homework time consuming and difficult to face, I felt uncomfortable with the ideas, so i tended to concentrate on the things I felt worked.

Good Luck and Take care:hugs: :hugs: