PDA

View Full Version : Hit my head on wood

ChildOfTheKing
20-04-17, 17:16
Hey guys

The night before last I was getting ready for bed & began to lean back quickly to lay on pillows. I smacked the top of my head on the back frame of the bed. Afterward I stayed up about an hour to make sure & fell asleep once the hour was done as I was too tired.

I woke up remembering what happened & felt worried about it most of the day. But I still was getting things done like I went to a job interview, exercised, etc. Yet I was still worried & the problem is that with my anxiety I tend to get a swaying/lightheaded/dizzy/foggy feeling pretty much daily so my anxiety keeps telling me it's associated with the head bump. Plus I get mild pressure like headaches but I've always gotten these headaches lately because of my allergies and stres. This morning I'm still worried but still going to go out. I was feeling tired yesterday but I had woken up way earlier than when I usually wait up. The spot where I hit it feels a little achy.

My pupils are even and constrict when light is shown on them and I have no problems with thinking and communicating aside from the occasional brain fart but that happens especially if I'm distracted or anxious. I never lost consciousness or vomited or anything like that. I squeezed my eyes shut, put my hand on it, said "ow ****". Typical stuff.

Realistically I know I'm likely fine especially since it's been well over 24 hours and the bump wasn't even that bad. I've smacked my head way worse in the past before anxiety. My sister once smacked into a tree and then fell on rocks & blacked out for a few seconds, got checked for a concussion & she was fine. Yet my anxiety rears its ugly head and I get convinced I have some injury to the brain and I won't be able to tell the difference between my everyday anxiety symptoms and an injury. But surely I'd be doing way worse by now.

I hate anxiety. But I guess something finally took my attention away from my breathing. Lol.

Mindprison
20-04-17, 17:38
Hey there

Don't worry, i'm sure you're fine. Our heads are actually pretty strong when you think about it. I was on holiday as a kid and was so excited I started bouncing up and down on the bed in the hotel room, I jumped forward and smashed my head full force into a metal safe. A few stitches and a big lump on my head later and I was back to normal, still have a little mark from when it happened. :D

ChildOfTheKing
20-04-17, 18:10
Hey there

Don't worry, i'm sure you're fine. Our heads are actually pretty strong when you think about it. I was on holiday as a kid and was so excited I started bouncing up and down on the bed in the hotel room, I jumped forward and smashed my head full force into a metal safe. A few stitches and a big lump on my head later and I was back to normal, still have a little mark from when it happened. :D

Oh my goodness! Yes I know realistically there's likely nothing but you know how anxiety likes to fool with you. My vision also slightly blurs randomly sometimes when I blink but I have mucus from allergies & that also happens all the time as well yet anxiety is saying "it's your brain." people must think I don't wash from how much stuff gets on my eyelashes lol.

I was just remembering in high school when I fell off my bike after my pedals locked & hit the concrete, my head bounced. I thought nothing of it, was more upset about my chains, & am still here. Wish I could go back to being so carefree!

Mindprison
20-04-17, 18:19
Oh tell me about it! I think i've hit my midlife crisis 30 years early :D Started noticing the grey hairs the other day :roflmao:

ChildOfTheKing
20-04-17, 18:32
Oh tell me about it! I think i've hit my midlife crisis 30 years early :D Started noticing the grey hairs the other day :roflmao:

No kidding! Hate that this has happened. I shouldn't feel distressed all the time!

Bigboyuk
20-04-17, 18:33
Oh tell me about it! I think i've hit my midlife crisis 30 years early :D Started noticing the grey hairs the other day :roflmao: Had a chuckle reading this you must have had a busy paper round :roflmao:Cheers

ChildOfTheKing
20-04-17, 22:00
Ugh well I've been getting a bad headache for the last few hours, first at the gym then it subsided and after coming out of counseling again and now it's lingering. My neck feels tense as well and I feel pressure where my sinuses and temples are so could be tension & allergies. Plus I tend to clench my jaw which is why I use a guard at night and, what do you know, I don't wake up with headaches. But my anxiety is telling me my headache is because I bumped my head nearly two days ago. Then I get lightheaded feelings too & the panic attacks threaten to kick off. I hate how worked up I am getting over a pretty standard head bump on the frame my bed. I've bashed my head off doors, walls, and concrete before! But that was before my anxiety really took hold.

Well I'll be seeing the doctor next week as a follow up for blood work I had a few days ago (a couple of months ago I was slightly anemic & had to take iron pills). So I guess if it's still bothering me by then I'll bring it up but chances are I'll be fixated on something else by then. I just got a call that my first interview went well & was offered the second interview opportunity which of course I took. I should be celebrating for advancing & possibly getting a new job but instead I'm freaked out over thinking I have a brain injury from bumping my head in ways I have many times before. ����

ChildOfTheKing
21-04-17, 15:05
Well woke up initially without a headache but now have a mild headache & feel a little out of it & again thinking it's because I bumped my head over 48 hours ago. Ugh!