PDA

View Full Version : Tips for Outsiders

Hopsicle
30-04-07, 12:55
:flowers: Im really strugging to get my boyfriend to understand how he can help - I know he wants to and he is getting frustrated because he doesnt think he can - please help if you have any advice on this matter - I will pass any good tips onto him and hopefully they will help other friends, family members and supporters that we all rely on so much :flowers:

honeybee3939
30-04-07, 15:46
Hi Hopsicle

I found taking my husband to appointments with me helped, it made him understand more about my illness.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Ellen70
30-04-07, 16:08
I agree with honeybee. And if you see a counsellor/psychotherapist then see if it is possible to arange a meeting where both you and your partner attend. Non sufferers often only believe what you are going through when they hear it from a third party.

Regards
Eibhlin

Trev
30-04-07, 22:30
I found I just wanted people to be as "normal" as possible with me. It felt worse if they were treating me differently.

Slothette
09-05-07, 00:55
Hi Hopsicle
Get your boyfriend to come on this website and have a browse. Also give him something to read which is short and sweet but explains everything about panic/anxiety. This is what I did and it's made a massive difference and taken alot of the anxiety off me because now my fella understands.
Lexxie

Hopsicle
10-05-07, 10:26
hi everyone :) thanks for all your advice - I actually managed to speak to my man about this stuff properly so he understands much more than he did :) hes also reading a book all about ocd :yesyes: I will get him to have a browse on this website though - he likes things like this so hopefully that will help even more :hugs: thanks everyone!!!! :flowers: