PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in a bit of a perdicament with a friend idk what to do :(

Lockey1995
20-04-17, 19:40
Hey,

So this year I've tried to beat my social anxiety and doing quite well still can't talk to girls and I'm terrible in big groups of people even though i do work in a shop still struggle at times :(.

However last year i met a friend and we used to go fishing allot i lost some interest in carp fishing i may get back into it but here is where I'm stuck i don't know if i get on with him well or not I don't feel comfortable at times just being there and don't enjoy it others he's ok but he gets a bit too much like now he's inviting me to do some stuff this weekend I can't just say no i can never say no :(.

I don't know whether it's just my anxiety and see if it gets better or what I just don't know what to do he just keeps talking about carp fishing aswell which i've lost interest in at the minute and it does my head in at times. I'm learning other things at the minute such as 3d modelling :).

Any ideas how to approach this situation?

Bigboyuk
21-04-17, 11:46
Hey,

So this year I've tried to beat my social anxiety and doing quite well still can't talk to girls and I'm terrible in big groups of people even though i do work in a shop still struggle at times :(.

However last year i met a friend and we used to go fishing allot i lost some interest in carp fishing i may get back into it but here is where I'm stuck i don't know if i get on with him well or not I don't feel comfortable at times just being there and don't enjoy it others he's ok but he gets a bit too much like now he's inviting me to do some stuff this weekend I can't just say no i can never say no :(.

I don't know whether it's just my anxiety and see if it gets better or what I just don't know what to do he just keeps talking about carp fishing aswell which i've lost interest in at the minute and it does my head in at times. I'm learning other things at the minute such as 3d modelling :).

Any ideas how to approach this situation? Hi Lockey Hmm he is probably lonely Still it's not my bag Carp fishing either, so know where you are coming from :) (and yeah I can relate to being lonely too and it aint good) Ok you say you don't know if if you get on with him or not, can you elaborate why you feel uncomfortable being with him and you don't enjoy it?
other's he's ok do you mean other wise he is ok? that bit lost me there :)
Yeah think it would drive me a bit crazey too talking about one hobby all the time :huh: Think it's good to have other interests too he may only have couple it does happen sadly, Like do you like a pint from time to time, music good convo etc etc? I have a passion about one thing but I don't go on about all the time other wise it can get a bit much :) What other things do you like doing? Approaching it well I find sometimes it's difficult to say no too especially if it gets me a bit of company, but some times I do exercise my right to say no too.Cheers

Lockey1995
21-04-17, 21:13
He just gets a bit full on sometimes and becomes too much hard to explain to be honest. I just feel like i don't get on with him well. I like 3d modelling, cars hoping to take my mx5 to the track soon and that's pretty much my life aswell as gaming aha.

Bigboyuk
21-04-17, 22:06
He just gets a bit full on sometimes and becomes too much hard to explain to be honest. I just feel like i don't get on with him well. I like 3d modelling, cars hoping to take my mx5 to the track soon and that's pretty much my life aswell as gaming aha. Ahh yes but why is it hard to explain, is he clingy or wont take no for a answer? if we knew a bit more then we could advise you :) So 3 hobbies ok that's a start!!

The answer is in your hands really:) Cheers

Lockey1995
21-04-17, 23:29
Yeah he won't take no as an answer and keeps asking pretty much

Bigboyuk
22-04-17, 16:23
Yeah he won't take no as an answer and keeps asking pretty muchAhh Ok lets put it this way, say you lived not too far away from me(which you probably do) and I asked to meet for a coffee would you say yes? I would find that hard to believe, even though you cant say no. Cause that's where I am right now lonely as hell. Cheers