PDA

View Full Version : Hello

danny_pop
20-04-17, 20:27
Hi
I'm new to this and to anxiety- been having trouble with it for the last 2 years.

It all started following a health scare and since then I have never been quite right. Did some CBT 2 years ago
Which was ok at the time but didn't really help long term. Have never taken medicine other than herbal supplements.
I'm currently having problems with my kidneys which has predictably made me very preoccupied and anxious.
Hope to learn a lot here and get some useful advice.

Thanks

D

venusbluejeans
20-04-17, 20:34
Hiya danny_pop and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

polkat
21-04-17, 08:46
Hi Danny,

I'm new here too! Health scares are always going to trigger anxiety, and I think that's true for everyone whether they have an underlying anxiety disorder or not. When anxiety is present already, it just makes it ten times worse. The CBT stuff is really helpful, but you do have to practice and reinforce the techniques in your life. It might be worth looking out the CBT cycle to work through it and help yourself work out what's "real" and what's the anxiety playing tricks on you.

Good luck!

Polka