PDA

View Full Version : Why bother!?

belle
30-04-07, 14:08
I posted a couple of weeks ago about my CBT appointment. If you didn't know already, i had to wait 9 months to get that appointment and then only to be told that i would have to wait another 18 months for therapy to start.

Today in the post i receive a letter from the women i saw explaining that there is a CBT group that i could attend if i wished. Only problem is that the letter was date marked the 24th April, and the appointment was for the 27th April at 10am, but unfortunately they didn't post it until the 27th!!!! How was i meant to know?

I am beginning to think i am never meant to get better, i am constantly up against different hurdles and i don't have the energy to fight. I should just curl up and not bother anymore.

Sarah

Seuria
30-04-07, 14:29
i feel your pain love, in our country its a russian roulette when it coems to mental health. some area's are better than others. it is worth it one day you will look back on all this and laugh.

Alabasterlyn
30-04-07, 14:38
I hope you gave them an earbashing about their stupidity Sarah. How awful to have to wait so long and then they mess you about like this. I hope they can sort out another appointment for you.

Karen
30-04-07, 17:38
Hi Sarah

It is frustrating. Could you ring that to see if you can attend next time? How often does the group miss.

I realise it is far from ideal but at least it is something. Is it worth trying do you think?

Karen xx

clickaway
30-04-07, 18:23
I can totally empathise Sarah. I had to wait 9 months for help from the Mental Health Team.

I also received an appointment letter that I received the day before I was due to attend which was dated NINE days beforehand. Not only that, it said if it was inconvenient ring the number of above - only trouble the letter was on plain white paper with no heading and so there was no number!!!

And when I was my psychiatrist last week she did not have any notes on my file since 2004. However, I have had at least a dozen sessions with the occupational therapist since then and the psych had no idea why I was seeing her! It was the OT that had referred me...duh!

And did I tell you about the one where my occupational therapist didn't turn up....

What a shambles!

belle
30-04-07, 19:21
Hi..
I did call the team and the group is in my town, but not where i could even contemplate getting to.
What is it with these therapists not understanding about AGORAPHOBICS!
Blah..
Sarah x

trish1955
08-05-07, 12:21
Hi..
I did call the team and the group is in my town, but not where i could even contemplate getting to.
What is it with these therapists not understanding about AGORAPHOBICS!
Blah..
Sarah xi no the feeling you tell them yr agraphobic and they say well can u come down
i think i no what i just said was right maybe it was in jibberish
i dont no but they always say the same can u come here
ar makes me so angry to bye for now trish