PDA

View Full Version : Can't get a deep breath?

Mrwhite
21-04-17, 02:11
hi guys. Newbie here. Hope you guys can help me.

I'm really worried. Suddenly around 2-3 nights, I found myself with a real urge to take a deep breath so I tried. Half way through the deep breath it just stopped like my lungs were as full as they would go. Then every few minutes kept feeling the need to get a satisfying breath. Very few tries I would get it. But only a few moments later I'd need to take a deep breath again to which would fail again.

Yes I am very obese, yes I smoke but never has this happened before and it was sudden. One minute I'm watching tv the next minute I have this problem.

Other Symptoms:
Hoarse or Croaky voice
Possibly a hard stomach (not sure if it's any harder than usual or I'm just noticing it now)
Pressure in the middle of my back just under shoulder blades. (Comes and goes)
*Yucky part* just two quick trips to the toilet on last two days but was diarrhea.
The odd slot second pain under rib cage
Feeling very tired
And hot face at night.

Hope someone can help me because I feel like it may be something serious, so my anxiety is very high right now worrying I'm going to die or end up in hospital.

Clydesdale Epona
21-04-17, 10:37
It does sound like it could be a mixture of anxiety and possible IBS, I get the derp breath issues all the time however. ot doesn't sound like something that needs instant serious help but I would still go to the doctors to be sure its not a problem they can fix x

All the best :hugs:

Kay8010
21-04-17, 12:28
yes I smoke but never has this happened before and it was sudden. One minute I'm watching tv the next minute I have this problem.

Please try stop smoking :)

I have quit for 3 months now & I get the deep breath feelings most of the time.....I get used to it now, but it does tend to come with a panic attack and lasts for days (for me personally).

I agree with Clydesdale Epona, see a GP if the problem continues, try and relax and anxiety makes everything 10000 times worse.

Good luck

ChildOfTheKing
21-04-17, 15:18
Your stomach symptoms sound like reflux or IBS. That can cause you to feel like you can't get a deep breath.

I could've written this post a while ago, tho except not a smoker. It was anxiety, still happens sometimes. I really would urge you to quit as others have said here.

See a doctor & make sure it isn't anything, but this is common in anxiety.