PDA

View Full Version : Why did I get a headache after I stopped worrying twice?

walkerbull
21-04-17, 07:55
Bizzare phenomenon but the first time I went to the GP for peace of mind just as I walked out I got intense pain that went away, similarly this happened yesterday morning after I had realized a concern I had was silly.

Anyone else get this?

Colicab85
21-04-17, 08:57
One things for certain, your head pain has absolutely nothing to do with leaving the doctors.

Accept it as "just one of them things".

swajj
21-04-17, 09:01
You are giving your concern or lack of concern too much energy. Bad things don't come and go.

walkerbull
21-04-17, 09:57
You are giving your concern or lack of concern too much energy. Bad things don't come and go.

Does that explain muscle spasms?, also my back feels like it release an enormous amount of pressure when I lay down. And the headaches seem to go away when I have panadol and remain a dull and persistent headache in my temple and above my eye, as well as eye aches.

---------- Post added at 08:57 ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 ----------

"lack of concern too much energy"

What do you mean?

Colicab85
21-04-17, 10:30
You have Anxiety my man. Nothing more.

Your symptoms are all explainable by the extreme amounts of stress you are putting on your body and mind.

walkerbull
21-04-17, 10:32
You have Anxiety my man. Nothing more.

Your symptoms are all explainable by the extreme amounts of stress you are putting on your body and mind.

That gives me great relief, thank you.

swajj
21-04-17, 10:53
Yes as colicab said. Muscle tension explains all your symptoms.

Also no offence but I rarely answer PMs.

You said that you got the headache after you realised your concern was silly. So what I meant was you were still giving it mental energy even though you weren't concerned about it. That is, by even thinking about it at all you were still giving it mental energy. People with HA always say things like "but I wasn't even thinking about the possibility of having a brain tumour at the time I got the headache this time" but all the while they are mentally checking if they have a headache because if they don't then that lends more support to the possibility that they don't have a brain tumour. All of that brings the headache back on.

Does that make sense? Maybe not. I think you would need to be in my head to know what I mean. lol

Colicab85
21-04-17, 12:46
Yes as colicab said. Muscle tension explains all your symptoms.

Also no offence but I rarely answer PMs.

You said that you got the headache after you realised your concern was silly. So what I meant was you were still giving it mental energy even though you weren't concerned about it. That is, by even thinking about it at all you were still giving it mental energy. People with HA always say things like "but I wasn't even thinking about the possibility of having a brain tumour at the time I got the headache this time" but all the while they are mentally checking if they have a headache because if they don't then that lends more support to the possibility that they don't have a brain tumour. All of that brings the headache back on.

Does that make sense? Maybe not. I think you would need to be in my head to know what I mean. lol

I completely get that and I think its what perpetuates the anxiety. My acute phase of anxiety is over now. I am feeling significantly better. But am always checking if i have a headache or if I'm shaking. I'm not worried that its there...just can't stop thinking about whether its there at all.

I find it hard to truly relax and forget. In fact I find it impossible to forget. Thats what my therapist is working with me on.

scaredpt
21-04-17, 13:24
I get headaches the day after I have intense anxiety or stress. I've heard that is actually pretty normal, I guess the body has a lot of tension. Last year I would wake up with terrible headaches every day and I turned out fine I was just overwhelmed with school and work