PDA

View Full Version : uncountable symptoms, no diagnosis, not convinced yet

AnxiousTeen97
21-04-17, 08:27
Hello, first of al I am just 19. All my health worries began 7 years ago in which I was sitting in class (primary school) and all od a sudden my vision went blurrier than normal, then followed by slight lightheadedness, so I googled and bam I had brain tumor, while I kept touching my scalp for lumps I realized that my scarp is sore to touch. Sure bro I had brain tumor. Then everything progressed, many new symptoms many new reads and of course many new misdiagnosis, after some years I started living my life better, stopped worrying and I really had improvements, was going to school and working at the same time. I had good 3 years, until january 3 2017 where I rushed to the ER thinking that I was dying that night from my heart, pulse was 160 bpm. This happened after smoking a joint. Well at this very moment my anxiety is the worst, i get shaky vision after waking up or when totally unfocused (unfocused staring) and my throat tongue jaw and head feel hell weird, like yeah weak, improves as I start moving, I have pains around body, well my body is incredibly tense, my ribs neck shoulders face spots under ears, throat hell even scarp are slightly sore to the touch. Hell I have weied feeling in my right temple sometimes left depends which side throat is weird too, like weakness or chills or slight pins, cant even describe properly, been to 2 neuros, had multiple blood tests done, had 5ekgs done in total, had x-ray of neck, had 3 ent visits all clear. I worry a lot about blood vessels and/or heart, asked my doctor whether I couls have such problems and he said no come on you are young and if there was a problem it would have shown through blood and ekg, hell i am going to the doctors every day and they look like tired of me. He didnt refer me to a cardiologist im so sad, please help me someone what should I even do??

Nzxt27
21-04-17, 08:43
Start to trust doctors. I went through the same stuff.

Ben1989
21-04-17, 09:22
So what is your actual worry?

Ask yourself, and tell us, what will really make you fully satisfied that nothing is wrong with you? Another 3 ENT visits? 5 more ekgs? A million MRI scans? I am willing to put money on that you cannot answer the question.

The proof in itself are from your three years where you recovered and were absolutely fine. This shows it was the anxiety.

You need to accept that you have health anxiety. You're worried of the worst case illness/disease happening to you. We all have it. I have it. But I also accept that it's due to my health anxiety.

I agree with the doctor for not referring you. You need to be careful of 'the boy that cried wolf' happening in the GPs. It took me a while to trust my doctors. They are incredibly smart. The questions they are asking are for a very very specific reason. They have treated people with the illnesses you are worried about so can tell instantly if you have a real problem.

I would go in and talk about your health anxiety. I am convinced they have mentioned it to you.