PDA

View Full Version : Xray and CT results lump in throat

Shawnr55
21-04-17, 17:35
Hello, im new here but have been struggling with HA for along time. Recently I came down with upper abdominal pain. Dr put me on heart burn medicine. Symptoms improved. Then i started feeling a lump in my throat and food regurigtation. My primary DR. Sent me to a GI doctor, who has a 1 month wait. So today I went to the ER. They did an xray and ct scan, both showed nothing. Im pretty sure this is all stress/anxiety but who knows. Im assuming the ct scan would have shown something if there was a problem, but my mind is now trying to get me to question if it missed anything. Uggghhh

maianixon
21-04-17, 17:42
idk as far as i know the feeling of a lump in a throat is a pretty common symptom of anxiety? about a month ago i was struggling with non-stop panic attacks and my GP prescribed me Propanalolol 40mg tablets and for some reason I reacted really badly to it - it made me even more anxious and I could clearly feel as if there was a defined round lump in my throat making it harder for me to breathe - and it was definitely just anxiety or the side effect.

so i wouldnt worry about it, as u said the tests they have done would have definitely picked up on something if there was anything, its probably just muscle tension in your throat.

Shawnr55
21-04-17, 17:47
Thanks for the feedback! They put me on 40mg of protonix. For acid, etc. not sure im going to take it.

Fishmanpa
21-04-17, 18:42
Thanks for the feedback! They put me on 40mg of protonix. For acid, etc. not sure im going to take it.

Take it! I had reflux issues for years! I was taking ZANTAC 150 2x a day and chewing antacids like candy and STILL got reflux. Doc put me on 40mg Protonix 3 years ago. With the exception of some self induced reflux (eating something I shouldn't) I've been 100% fine.

Positive thoughts

hbug2416
21-04-17, 20:59
I'm experiencing the lump in throat sensation now, along with general tightness of my upper body. Keep telling myself it's got to be anxiety since I was feeling great just a few days ago. You're not alone!

Mindprison
21-04-17, 21:13
I suffer from both anxiety and GERD and I also get pretty horrible lump in the throat feelings. It also makes me feel like I can't take a deep breath, the burning doesn't help.

I've been on Omeprazole since my teens and they've helped immensely, I have no idea how i'd manage without them now.

Take the pills, they'll do you no harm and you might find it lessens the horrible feeling in your throat. Just remember that tight chest and throat are classic symptoms of anxiety, your body will keep going no matter how much it might feel otherwise!

-------------------------

Just thought i'd add, you're probably experiencing heightened anxiety about taking the medication. Many of us feel heightened anxiety and tension after taking a new med or upping a dose because we're expecting negative results, I promise you this will pass once you see there's nothing to be afraid of!

Good luck!

Shawnr55
21-04-17, 23:38
Thanks so much for the reply. Deep down i know it is my anxiety. It is amazing ti me what it will do to your body and the symptoms it will give you (which seem to move and mimic what you presently fear). I have set up sometime with a therapist. I really need to see if i can get it under control, i so afraid something might kill me, that im wasting time in good health.